|Headquarters||Affolternstrasse 44, 8050 Zurich, Switzerland|
|Number of locations||Offices in 87 countries|
|Subsidiaries||ABB Enterprise Software|
ABB Ltd. (ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.) develops and manufactures power and industrial automation equipment and software.
On May 9, 2011, the ABB Group announced it had acquired Mincom Pty. Ltd. and would be integrating it with its subsidiary Ventyx, Inc. On February 6, 2012, ABB announced it had "completed the organizational integration of Mincom."
Technology and products
CCLAS and Knowledge Manager
CCLAS is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) "for mining and metal processing, provides a wide range of tools to help laboratories optimize their processes and ensure quality results." The software is can be installed locally or hosted in the cloud via the SaaS distribution model.
Knowledge Manager is a LIMS that "provides you analytical insight to identify best practices and improve your overall operation at plant and corporate levels."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
- Tweed, Katherine (05 May 2010). "ABB Acquires Ventyx for Over $1 Billion". Greentech Media, Inc. http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/abb-buys-ventyx-for-over-1-billion/. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB acquires Ventyx to strengthen its network management business". ABB Ltd. 05 May 2010. http://www.abb.com/cawp/seitp202/0a5309e735867cc1c125771a00252346.aspx. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Kanellos, Michael (09 May 2011). "ABB Buys Another One: Mincom, for Managing Mines". Greentech Media, Inc. http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/abb-buys-another-one-mincom-for-managing-mines/. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB Acquires Mincom To Expand Enterprise Software Business". Manufacturing Business Technology. Advantage Business Media. 09 May 2011. http://www.mbtmag.com/news/2011/05/abb-acquires-mincom-expand-enterprise-software-business. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Ventyx Completes Integration of Mincom; Goes to Market as "Ventyx, an ABB Company"". Ventyx, Inc. 06 February 2012. http://www.ventyx.com/en/company/news/press/20120206-integration-complete. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB Enterprise SW". Twitter. 30 January 2015. Archived from the original on 04 October 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151004181434/https://twitter.com/abb_entrprisesw/status/561155205140856834. Retrieved 04 October 2015.
- "CCLAS". ABB Ltd. http://new.abb.com/enterprise-software/technical-mining-operations-and-control/intelligent-mining-solutions/cclas. Retrieved 04 October 2015.
- "CCLAS". ABB Ltd. http://new.abb.com/enterprise-software/intelligent-mining-solutions/cclas. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Knowledge Manager". ABB Ltd. http://new.abb.com/mining/systems-solutions/knowledge-manager. Retrieved 24 August 2017.