|Headquarters||Affolternstrasse 44, Zurich, Switzerland|
|Number of locations||540+ offices in 89 countries|
|Subsidiaries||ABB Enterprise Software|
ABB Ltd. (ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.) develops and manufactures power and industrial automation equipment and software.
On May 9, 2011, the ABB Group announced it had acquired Mincom Pty. Ltd. and would be integrating it with its subsidiary Ventyx, Inc. On February 6, 2012, ABB announced it had "completed the organizational integration of Mincom."
In August 2019, Datamine Software Ltd. announced that it had acquired the "intelligent mining solutions" (IMS) division of ABB Ltd., including its CCLAS laboratory information management system. Datamine declared in its press release that "[a]ll [acquired] IMS products will continue to be actively developed and supported."
Technology and products
Knowledge Manager is a LIMS that "provides you analytical insights to identify best practices and improve your overall operation at plant and at corporate levels."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- Tweed, Katherine (5 May 2010). "ABB Acquires Ventyx for Over $1 Billion". Greentech Media, Inc. http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/abb-buys-ventyx-for-over-1-billion/. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB acquires Ventyx to strengthen its network management business". ABB Ltd. 5 May 2010. http://www.abb.com/cawp/seitp202/0a5309e735867cc1c125771a00252346.aspx. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Kanellos, Michael (9 May 2011). "ABB Buys Another One: Mincom, for Managing Mines". Greentech Media, Inc. http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/abb-buys-another-one-mincom-for-managing-mines/. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB Acquires Mincom To Expand Enterprise Software Business". Manufacturing Business Technology. Advantage Business Media. 9 May 2011. http://www.mbtmag.com/news/2011/05/abb-acquires-mincom-expand-enterprise-software-business. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Ventyx Completes Integration of Mincom; Goes to Market as "Ventyx, an ABB Company"". Ventyx, Inc. 6 February 2012. http://www.ventyx.com/en/company/news/press/20120206-integration-complete. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "ABB Enterprise SW". Twitter. 30 January 2015. Archived from the original on 04 October 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151004181434/https://twitter.com/abb_entrprisesw/status/561155205140856834. Retrieved 04 October 2015.
- "CCLAS". ABB Ltd. http://new.abb.com/enterprise-software/technical-mining-operations-and-control/intelligent-mining-solutions/cclas. Retrieved 04 October 2015.
- "Datamine Acquires Intelligent Mining Solutions (IMS)". Datamine Software Ltd. 27 August 2019. http://www.dataminesoftware.com/2019/08/27/datamine-acquires-ims/. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Knowledge Manager". ABB Ltd. https://new.abb.com/mining/mineoptimize/digital-applications/operations/knowledge-manager. Retrieved 28 September 2019.