Abbott Informatics Corporation
|Defunct||07 September 2022|
|Headquarters||Presidential Building, 4000 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 333, South Hollywood, Florida, U.S.|
|Number of locations||49|
|Parent||Francisco Partners Management LP|
Abbott Informatics Corporation developed and distributed laboratory informatics software solutions. In February 2022, the company changed its legal name to STARLIMS Corporation.
STARLIMS Technologies Ltd. was founded by Itschak Friedman and incorporated under the laws of the State of Israel in May 1986. In November 1993, STARLIMS completed an initial public offering of its ordinary shares, which traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. The company made a public offering in the United States in May 2007 and was introduced to the NASDAQ under the Stock Market under the symbol LIMS.
In August 2008, the Company announced the establishment of STARLIMS Europe as a result of the May 2008 acquisition of its United Kingdom partner Lab Data Management Ltd., based in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
In late 2009 it was revealed Abbott Laboratories, Inc. would acquire all outstanding equity of STARLIMS Technologies.The deal was finalized on March 22, 2010 for a published cost of $123 million. STARLIMS Corporation continued to act as a subsidiary of Abbot Labotatories.
On May 30, 2014, STARLIMS Corporation officially changed the name of its Florida-based headquarters to Abbot Informatics Corporation. However, it wasn't until October 2015 that the company shifted its web presence, dropping the STARLIMS Corporation name in full.
On July 7, 2021, Francisco Partners Management LP announced that it had "signed a definitive agreement to acquire the STARLIMS informatics product suite and related business assets from Abbott." The company noted that "STARLIMS has thrived within Abbott’s informatics business, and we are excited to partner with the employees and customers," suggesting Abbott Informatics Corporation and its personnel may be involved in the acquisition.
Abbott Informatics officially changed its legal name to match its doing business name, finalizing the use of its prior name "STARLIMS Corporation" on February 7, 2022 with the state of Florida.
Technology and products
STARLIMS ELN, SDMS, and LIMS
As of February 2022[update], these products and others are still marketed. See the STARLIMS Corporation page for more information.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "STARLIMS Corporation". sunbiz.org. Florida Division of Corporations. 7 February 2022. https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=STARLIMS%20S151573&aggregateId=domp-s15157-c4d76982-d367-4d82-b5a2-f09bdd90c108. Retrieved 23 February 2022. "Document # S15157"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 STARLIMS Technologies Ltd (25 March 2009). "Securities and Exchange Commission file number: 001-33487". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1396278/000117891309000676/zk96493.htm. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- ↑ Gelsi, Steve (4 May 2007). "Starlims Tech files $37 mln IPO". MarketWatch. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/starlims-tech-files-37-mln-ipo. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- ↑ "STARLIMS Consolidates Direct Presence in Europe; Hires LIMS Veteran Joe Peden to Head STARLIMS Europe". iStockAnalyst. 14 August 2008. http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/2512919. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- ↑ Weinreb, Gali (15 December 2009). "Abbott Labs buys StarLIMS". GLOBES. http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000522537&fid=1725. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- ↑ "Abbott Takes Over Starlims Technologies". CBR. 22 March 2010. http://www.cbronline.com/news/abbott_takes_over_starlims_technologies_100323. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- ↑ "Articles of Amendment to Articles of Incorporation of Starlims Corporation" (PDF). Florida Department of State. 30 May 2014. http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ConvertTiffToPDF?storagePath=COR%5C2014%5C0604%5C00126887.Tif&documentNumber=S15157. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- ↑ "STARLIMS: Creating Smarter Labs". Archived from the original on 17 September 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150917024509/http://www.starlims.com/en-us/home. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- ↑ "STARLIMS.com is now AbbottInformatics.com". Archived from the original on 23 October 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151023002054/https://www.abbottinformatics.com/us/home. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Francisco Partners Management LP (7 July 2021). "Francisco Partners to Acquire STARLIMS". BusinessWire. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210707005603/en/Francisco-Partners-to-Acquire-STARLIMS. Retrieved 14 July 2021.