Abbott Informatics Corporation
4000 Hollywood Boulevard
South Hollywood, Florida, U.S.
|Number of locations||50+|
|Parent||Abbott Laboratories, Inc.|
Abbott Informatics Corporation develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
Abbott Informatics was originally founded as STARLIMS Technologies Ltd. by Itschak Friedman, incorporated under the laws of the State of Israel in May 1986. In November 1993, STARLIMS completed an initial public offering of its ordinary shares, which traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. The company made a public offering in the United States in May 2007 and was introduced to the NASDAQ under the Stock Market under the symbol LIMS.
In August 2008, the Company announced the establishment of STARLIMS Europe as a result of the May 2008 acquisition of its United Kingdom partner Lab Data Management Ltd., based in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
In late 2009 it was revealed Abbott Laboratories, Inc. would acquire all outstanding equity of STARLIMS Technologies.The deal was finalized on March 22, 2010 for a published cost of $123 million. STARLIMS Corporation continued to act as a subsidiary of Abbot Labotatories.
On May 30, 2014, STARLIMS Corporation officially changed the name of its Florida-based headquarters to Abbot Informatics Corporation. However, it wasn't until October 2015 that the company shifted its web presence, dropping the STARLIMS Corporation name in full.
On July 7, 2021, Francisco Partners Management LP announced that it had "signed a definitive agreement to acquire the STARLIMS informatics product suite and related business assets from Abbott." It's not clear as of mid-July if the "related business assets" includes the actual Abbott Informatics Corporation subsidiary of Abbott or some other arrangement has been made. The company noted that "STARLIMS has thrived within Abbott’s informatics business, and we are excited to partner with the employees and customers," suggesting Abbott Informatics Corporation and its personnel may be involved in the acquisition.
Technology and products
STARLIMS ELN, SDMS, and LIMS
STARLIMS SDMS is an Scientific data management system that "makes it easy for users to access and share information across the organization." Features include data extraction, support for multiple file types, data archiving, and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance as well as automated creation, review, and approval tasks.
STARLIMS LIMS is a web-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) "that improves quality and safety throughout the entire product lifecycle." The LIMS is also available as a SaaS offering under "Abbot Informatics Cloud Services."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Abbott Informatics' GSA Avantage contract has expired, and current pricing is no longer publicly available.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for STARLIMS:
- STARLIMS: The Benefits of a LIMS that Complies with ISO 17025
- STARLIMS: Adding Management to Your LIS
- STARLIMS: One Partner, One Powerful Solution
- STARLIMS: Quality Manufacturing LIMS Solution
- STARLIMS: Customer Testimonials
Abbott doesn't have a brochure to describe just the LIMS; rather, they have a LIMS brochure based on your industry:
STARLIMS industry-based LIMS specification documents:
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Biorepositories
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Chemical, Petrochemical, and Refining
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Contract Services
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Food and Beverage
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Manufacturing
- STARLIMS LIMS Specification for Pharmaceutical
- STARLIMS Technologies Ltd (25 March 2009). "Securities and Exchange Commission file number: 001-33487". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1396278/000117891309000676/zk96493.htm. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Gelsi, Steve (04 May 2007). "Starlims Tech files $37 mln IPO". MarketWatch. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/starlims-tech-files-37-mln-ipo. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "STARLIMS Consolidates Direct Presence in Europe; Hires LIMS Veteran Joe Peden to Head STARLIMS Europe". iStockAnalyst. 14 August 2008. http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/2512919. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Weinreb, Gali (15 December 2009). "Abbott Labs buys StarLIMS". GLOBES. http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000522537&fid=1725. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Abbott Takes Over Starlims Technologies". CBR. 22 March 2010. http://www.cbronline.com/news/abbott_takes_over_starlims_technologies_100323. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Articles of Amendment to Articles of Incorporation of Starlims Corporation" (PDF). Florida Department of State. 30 May 2014. http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ConvertTiffToPDF?storagePath=COR%5C2014%5C0604%5C00126887.Tif&documentNumber=S15157. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "STARLIMS: Creating Smarter Labs". Archived from the original on 17 September 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150917024509/http://www.starlims.com/en-us/home. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "STARLIMS.com is now AbbottInformatics.com". Archived from the original on 23 October 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151023002054/https://www.abbottinformatics.com/us/home. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Francisco Partners Management LP (07 July 2021). "Francisco Partners to Acquire STARLIMS". BusinessWire. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210707005603/en/Francisco-Partners-to-Acquire-STARLIMS. Retrieved 14 July 2021.
- "ELN". Abbott Informatics Corporation. https://www.informatics.abbott/us/en/offerings/eln. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "SDMS". Abbott Informatics Corporation. https://www.informatics.abbott/us/en/offerings/sdms. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "Abbott Informatics STARLIMS Scientific Data Management System (SDMS)" (PDF). Abbott Informatics Corporation. 2015. https://www.informatics.abbott/shared/sdms-brochure.pdf. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "STARLIMS LIMS". Abbott Informatics Corporation. https://www.informatics.abbott/us/en/offerings/lims. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "Cloud Services". Abbott Informatics Corporation. https://www.informatics.abbott/us/en/offerings/cloud-services. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "STARLIMS" (PDF). Abbott Informatics Corporation. 2015. https://www.informatics.abbott/shared/clinical-lims-brochure.pdf. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Abbott Informatics STARLIMS Electronic Lab Notebook" (PDF). Abbott Informatics Corporation. 2015. https://www.informatics.abbott/shared/eln-brochure.pdf. Retrieved 18 October 2017.