Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc.
|Headquarters||8 King Street East, Suite 107, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Number of locations||20+|
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. was founded on September 1, 1994.
Sometime in late 2019 or in 2020, the company removed its Electronic Notebook for Academia from its website. In its place, it now references Spectrus DB—the core database module for its Spectrus chromatography platform—as an alternative.
Electronic Notebook for Academia was an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) "with a searchable repository of experimental knowledge that stores live, interpreted analytical data that can be reviewed and re-analyzed at the desktop."
Technology and products
ACD's chromatography options are as follows:
ACD/AutoChrom is a chromatography data system (CDS) "for chromatographic method development based on QbD [Quality by Design] principles," including "instrument control for LC/MS and LC/UV systems."
ACD/Chrom Workbook is a CDS designed "for processing, analysis, and management of separations data including high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), liquid chromatography (LC) (with UV, DAD, or PDA detectors), gas chromatography (GC), and capillary electrophoresis (CE)."
ACD/ChromGenius is a CDS that "predicts retention times and chromatograms based on the structures of the compounds to be separated, and allows you to select the best generic separation method for your sample, prior to injection."
ACD/LC & GC Simulator is a chromatography tool that "applies Quality by Design (QbD) principles such as expanding design space, and multivariate optimization to help you optimize gradient and temperature to achieve optimal resolution of your separation during method development."
ACD/Spectrus DB is a knowledge management tool that "preserves and makes usable the vast chemical, spectroscopic and chromatographic knowledge generated by today's chemical enterprises."
ACD/Spectrus Processor is "[a]n all-in-one, multi-technique analytical data processing and chemical characterization tool for synthetic chemists" to better understand their analytic chromatography data.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for ACD's chromatography software:
- "About Us". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. https://www.acdlabs.com/company/aboutus/index.php. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "Software for Academia". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. https://www.acdlabs.com/solutions/academia/index.php. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "ACD/Labs' Electronic Notebook for Academia". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. Archived from the original on 06 April 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180406042458/http://www.acdlabs.com/solutions/academia/eln/. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "ACD/Labs Chromatography Products". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/adh/chrom/chromproc/branches.php. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "ACD/AutoChrom—Software for Chromatographic Method Development Based on QbD Principles". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. 14 October 2015. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/com_iden/meth_dev/autochrom/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "ACD/Chrom Workbook—Process, Analyze, and Database Chromatographic Separations". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. 05 February 2015. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/spectrus/workbooks/chrom/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "ACD/ChromGenius—Method Selection Based on Chemical Structure". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. 13 October 2015. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/com_iden/meth_dev/chromgen/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "ACD/LC & GC Simulator—Model and Optimize LC and GC Separation Methods". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. 13 October 2015. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/com_iden/meth_dev/lc_sim/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.
- "Spectrus DB". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/spectrus/db/. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "ACD/Spectrus Processor—Analytical Data Processing and Chemical Characterization for Chemists". Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. 27 August 2015. https://www.acdlabs.com/products/adh/spectrusprocessor/. Retrieved 04 October 2019.