Agfa HealthCare NV
Agfa HealthCare NV develops and distributes integrated software solutions, as well as diagnostic imaging and contracting solutions for the healthcare industry.
In December 2019, Agfa announced that it had plans to sell a chunk of its clinical IT business, with the Dedalus Group interested in purchasing it. The sale was finalized on May 5, 2020, with Dedalus Group acquiring the "German, French, Austrian, Swiss and Brazilian activities related to clinical, diagnostic and hospital management software (HCIS) and related to IT imaging systems (PACS-RIS of radiology, cardiology, etc.) for a total enterprise value of €975 million." This included the acquisition of Agfa HealthCare's ORBIS, Hexalis, and Bioserveur. Agfa would retain its Enterprise Imaging platform solution "in all other geographies."
Bioserveur was an internet tool for transmitting biological lab data to and from a research facility. Hexalis was a scalable laboratory information system (LIS) suitable for small labs or large hospitals. ORBIS was a hospital information system with LIS capabilities, "designed to enhance the quality of patient care and provides fast and complete availability of patients' histories." For more about these systems, see the Dedalus SpA page.
Technology and products
Agfa Healthcare still offers its Enterprise Imaging platform, which brings "together departmental PACS, RIS, advanced 3D, voice recognition, VNA, viewer and mobile functionality into a workflow-centric platform that you can adopt step-by-step, at your own speed." See Agfa's page for more details.
- Stempniak, M. (09 December 2019). "Agfa announces plans to sell its EHR line for more than $1B". Radiology Business. https://www.radiologybusiness.com/topics/healthcare-economics/agfa-announces-plans-sell-ehr-line-1b. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "The Dedalus Group, Participated by Ardian, Acquires Part of the Agfa-Gevaert Group's Healthcare IT Business". Dedalus Group. 05 May 2020. Archived from the original on 21 May 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20200521021505/https://dedalus.eu/en/the-dedalus-group-participated-by-ardian-acquires-part-of-the-agfa-gevaert-groups-healthcare-it-business/. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "Dedalus". Agfa HealthCare NV. 05 May 2020. Archived from the original on 17 May 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20200517114837/https://global.agfahealthcare.com/main/dedalus/. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "Bioserveur: Espace numérique de santé de toute donnée de Biologie". Agfa HealthCare NV. Archived from the original on 11 April 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160411062516/http://www.agfahealthcare.com/france/fr/main/products_services/systemes_information/biologie_medicale/bioserveur/index.jsp. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "Hexalis: Solution de Gestion de Laboratoire". Agfa HealthCare NV. Archived from the original on 01 July 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170701232939/http://global.agfahealthcare.com/france/systemes-informations/hexalis/. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "Discover ORBIS for successful healthcare decisions" (PDF). Agfa HealthCare NV. 2013. Archived from the original on 01 March 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170301174315/http://www.agfahealthcare.com/global/en/he/library/libraryopen?ID=34488933. Retrieved 05 November 2020.
- "Agfa HealthCare Enterprise Imaging". Agfa HealthCare NV. 2015. http://www.agfahealthcare.com/global/en/he/library/libraryopen?ID=50092300. Retrieved 05 November 2020.