Amphora Research Systems, Inc.
|Headquarters||Andover, MA, U.S.|
|Number of locations||4|
Amphora has its origins in Amphora Research Systems Ltd., created as a subsidiary of New Information Paradigms Ltd. in October 2001 to market a Lotus Notes-based electronic laboratory notebook. Recognizing a need for a more robust ELN built on next-generation industry technologies, the subsidiary split off in 2003 and became the independent entity Amphora Research Systems, Inc. In 2007, the business earned the Market Penetration Leadership Award during Frost & Sullivan's Excellence in Healthcare Awards Banquet.
The company quietly discontinued its OpenELN sometime in 2015.
Technology and products
PatentSafe and IntelliSafe
PatentSafe is an ELN designed to allow researchers to more securely "create evidence which can be used in the defense of patents." The software can be installed locally or hosted as a SaaS product.
IntelliSafe is a "smaller and more focused" version of PatentSafe that still allows researchers to "archive, search, and retrieve their experimental work." The software can be installed locally or hosted as a SaaS product.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- "Amphora's History". Amphora Research Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 21 August 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130821202227/http://www.amphora-research.com/corporate/history. Retrieved 01 October 2015.
- "2007 Excellence in Healthcare Awards Banquet". Frost & Sullivan. 04 October 2007. http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/meawardsevent.pag?id=101327305. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "OpenELN - A modular approach to ELNs". Amphora Research Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 19 January 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140119044824/http://www.amphora-research.com/products/openeln. Retrieved 01 October 2015.
- "PatentSafe - The most popular replacement for the bound lab notebook". Amphora Research Systems, Inc. http://www.amphora-research.com/products/patentsafe. Retrieved 01 October 2015.
- "Hosted Servers". Amphora Research Systems, Inc. https://www.amphora-research.com/services/running-servers/. Retrieved 01 October 2015.
- "IntelliSafe". Amphora Research Systems, Inc. https://www.amphora-research.com/products/intellisafe/. Retrieved 01 October 2015.