Antek HealthWare, LLC
|Former type||Limited Liability Company|
|Predecessor||Antek LabDAQ, LLC; Antek, Inc.|
|Successor||American Healthcare Holdings, Inc.; CompuGroup Medical, Inc.|
|Defunct||December 31, 2011|
228 Business Center Dr.|
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
|Parent||Visionary Medical Systems, Inc.|
Antek HealthWare, LLC developed and distributed medical billing and clinical laboratory informatics software solutions.
The company started in 1984 as Antek HealthWare, Inc., developing corporate database software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. At some point in the early 1990s, Antek collaborated with Johns Hopkins University residents and other laboratory professionals to create LabDAQ, a laboratory information system marketed specifically towards the hospital and multi-site laboratory market segment.
In the spring of 2005 the business reorganized as an LLC. On May 24, 2007, Antek announced it had been acquired by Visionary Medical Systems, Inc. and would continue to operate as a subsidiary.
On August 31, 2010, CompuGroup Medical AG announced it had acquired the Visionary Healthware Group, including Visionary Medical Systems and its holdings. This prompted a long series of consolidation efforts in 2011, yielding mergers of other entities into Visionary Healthware and Antek HealthWare, ultimately resulting in both of those entities being absorbed into CompuGroups's U.S. entity "CompuGroup Medical Inc." on December 31, 2011. As of May 2013, CompuGroup is still marketing the former Antek product LabDAQ.
Technology and products
- "Antek HealthWare, Inc. - About". Antek HealthWare, Inc. Archived from the original on 17 October 2001. http://web.archive.org/web/20011017145352/http://www.antekhealthware.com/about.html. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Entity Name: ANTEK HEALTHWARE, LLC; Dept ID #: W10565117". Department of Assessments and Taxation - State of Maryland. http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Charter/DisplayEntity_b.aspx?EntityID=W10565117&EntityName=ANTEK+HEALTHWARE%2c+LLC++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&TabNum=2. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Antek HealthWare, LLC". Antek HealthWare, LLC. Archived from the original on 27 December 2005. http://web.archive.org/web/20051227204450/http://www.antekhealthware.com/. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Visionary Medical Systems, Inc., through its parent company AHH Expands its Healthcare Software Offerings with the Purchase of Antek HealthWare". Antek HealthWare, LLC. 24 May 2007. Archived from the original on 19 December 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071219001639/http://www.antekhealthware.com/events/Aquired%20by%20Visionary%20-%205-24-07.php. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "CompuGroup Medical AG – Acquisition of Visionary Healthware Group in USA". General Atlantic, LLC. 31 August 2010. http://www.generalatlantic.com/en/news/article/1351. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Consolidated Notes for the 2010 Financial Year - Acquisition of American Healthcare Holding, Inc, USA". CompuGroup Medical AG. 31 December 2010. http://report2010.cgm.com/english/notes14.html. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Notes for the 2011 Financial Year - Consolidation Principles". CompuGroup Medical AG. 31 December 2010. http://report2011.cgm.com/english/financial-statements/notes07.html. Retrieved 30 April 2013.