|Type||Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||15 Fortune Drive, Billerica, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Area served||United States|
Arxspan, LLC develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
Arxspan was founded in January 2011.
In November 2015, the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard partnered with Arxspan to use its ArxLab (now "Arxspan") software for biomedical research at the institute.
In March 2019, Bruker Corporation announced that it had acquired Arxspan. It wasn't clear at the time how Arxspan would operate due to the acquisition, but the company is presumably operating as a subsidiary of Bruker. With the change also came a few minor changes, including the presumed discontinuation of ArxLab FT (Filter and Transform) and a name change of Arxspan's product line from "ArxLab" to "Arxspan."
Technology and products
Arxspan Assay, Inventory, and Registration
Arxspan Assay is a web-based biological data management tool and repository "for biological assay endpoint data, including in-vivo, LTS and HTS data." Features include user-defined assay definitions, plate formats, and upload templates, and its "[c]ompatible with user-preferred data analysis tools such as XL Fit or Graph Pad Prism."
Arxspan Inventory "is a web browser-based inventory software application that provides a tool set to define and manage biology and chemistry inventory items." Features include configurable container types, configurable storage location hierarchy, bar code scanning and printing, and search tools.
Arxspan Registration "is a web-based chemical registration and bio registration solution that is built to serve as an authoritative repository for unique chemical and biological entities, and is optimized for the collaborative research models ubiquitous in today's commercial and academic research environments." Features include entity and batch numbering, mixture and formulation management, customizable fields, and support for salt stripping and uniqueness criteria.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demo videos exist for Arxspan products:
- "Business Entity Summary - ID Number: 001043373". Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=001043373&SEARCH_TYPE=1. Retrieved 02 March 2016.
- "Arxspan Electronic Laboratory Notebook to Help the Broad Institute Manage Discovery Process and Meet Scientific Goals". PR Newswire. UBM PLC. 12 November 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arxspan-electronic-laboratory-notebook-to-help-the-broad-institute-manage-discovery-process-and-meet-scientific-goals-300176660.html. Retrieved 02 March 2016.
- "Bruker Announces Acquisition of Scientific Software Provider Arxspan". PR Newswire. 14 March 2019. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bruker-announces-acquisition-of-scientific-software-provider-arxspan-300812100.html. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "ArxLab FT (Filter and Transform)". Arxspan, LLC. Archived from the original on 25 April 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180425035536/http://www.arxspan.com/arxlab-ft.asp. Retrieved 02 March 2016.
- "Arxspan Assay — Biological Data Management". Arxspan, LLC. https://www.arxspan.com/product/assay/. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "Arxspan Inventory — Chemical and Biology Supply Management". Arxspan, LLC. https://www.arxspan.com/product/inventory/. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "Arxspan Integrated Chemical and Biological Registration". Arxspan, LLC. https://www.arxspan.com/product/registration/. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "Arxspan Notebook - ELN". Arxspan, LLC. https://www.arxspan.com/product/electronic-lab-notebook/. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "Contract Research". Arxspan, LLC. https://www.arxspan.com/industry/contract-research/. Retrieved 06 January 2019.