|Headquarters||Kieler Bocht 9E, Groningen, The Netherlands|
|Number of locations||3|
Bio-ITech BV (doing business as eLabNext) develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
In 2016, the Eppendorf Group acquired a controlling interest in Bio-ITech BV.
In the spring of 2021, Bio-ITech BV rebranded itself (presumably a doing business as name) as eLabNext, "a brand of Bio-ITech BV, part of Eppendorf Group."
Technology and products
eLabInventory, eLabJournal, and eLabProtocols
eLabInventory is a web-based sample tracking system (with LIMS-like features) that helps laboratories electronically track samples, consumables, chemicals, and more. In addition, the system offers tools to generate barcodes for all lab inventory, create custom sample types, and facilitate collaboration and communication between colleagues. All sample information is stored in an intuitive web application, while keeping automatic version histories of all data.
eLabJournal is a web-based electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) that helps laboratories document research data electronically in a GLP-compliant manner. In addition to ELN functionality, the system also incorporates the functionality of eLabInventory, offering tools to standardize lab protocols or standard operating procedures, keep track of samples, and facilitate collaboration and communication a between colleagues. Experiment data are digitally registered in an intuitive web application, while keeping automatic version histories of all data.
eLabProtocols is a web-based protocol management system for designing protocol templates and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and is available standalone or integrated in eLabJournal.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Per the company website, pricing for Bio-ITech solutions are as follows:
eLabInventory consists of two editions:
- Academic: $13.80 per account, per month
- Industry: $35.95 per account, per month
eLabJournal consists of two editions:
- Academic: $17.50 per account, per month
- Industry: $47.95 per account, per month
eLabProtocols is free for academic and industry labs.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos exist for Bio-ITech products:
- eLabNext: Elevating your research
- eLabJournal and eLabInventory: Set up two-step verification
- eLabJournal and eLabInventory: Set up storage units
- eLabJournal and eLabInventory: Organize your samples with sample types
- eLabJournal and eLabInventory: Sample tracking features to improve your sample management
- eLabJournal and eLabInventory: Integrate add-ons from Marketplace
- eLabJournal: Electronic Lab Notebook
- eLabJournal: Lock experiments with Digital Signatures
- Eppendorf AG (28 April 2017). "Bio-ITech–Eppendorf: investment, 2017Q1 acquisition of majority share in Bio-ITech BV by Eppendorf". life-sciences-europe.com. https://www.life-sciences-europe.com/index-term/bio-itech-eppendorf-investment-group-elabjournal-laboratory-equipment-2001-107540.html. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "eLABInventory". Bio-ITech BV. https://www.elabnext.com/products/elabinventory/. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "eLABJournal". Bio-ITech BV. https://www.elabnext.com/products/elabjournal/. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "eLabProtocols". Bio-ITech BV. https://www.elabnext.com/products/elabprotocols/. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "Pricing eLabNext products". Bio-ITech BV. https://www.elabnext.com/pricing/. Retrieved 24 January 2023.