|Headquarters||10685-B Hazelhurst Dr. #8358, Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
BioData Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
BioData, Inc. was founded by researcher and programer Jonathan Gross in August 2007. Prior to that, Gross had been working on his graduate degree in biotechnology and playing with programming on the side. Eventually his need for better research tools led him to work on what would eventually be called BioKM:
I was always looking for better ways to organize my own research activities, to keep things connected and to properly document my work (OneNote, TiddlyWiki, Curio). At the time, I found by chance (or by buzz) a new programming framework Ruby On Rails and after learning that it was extracted from actual working apps, I decided to check it out (37Signals). I started playing with the idea of having a research-oriented app.
Later in 2010, Digital Science, a division of Macmillan Publishers, acquired an equity stake in BioData.
On December 5, 2011, BioKM and LabLife were replaced with BioData's new product Labguru.
Technology and products
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for Labguru:
- Labguru Tour
- Labguru - Research Management Tool - A Testimonial by Anat Ben-Zvi, PhD
- Labguru - Research Management Tool - A Testimonial by Eli Lewis, PhD
- Prof. Dr. Marc Spehr Explains Why He Uses Labguru Research Management Software
- Too Many Timers!#&@% (OR How I wish I had the Labguru iPad app)
- Protocolisis (OR - Why you MUST have the Labguru iPad app)
- Labguru Free iPad App - Increase the Efficiency of Running Experiments on the Bench
- 6 Basic Functions in Labguru - How To Find Your Way Around
- Labguru, Yeah!
- How to Use Labguru's External Protocol Database - Easy Protocol to Experiment
- Labguru: How to use the Rodents module
- Labguru Lab Management Software - This Is Why You Need It!
- Labguru Webinar: Mouse Colony Management with Labguru's Rodents Module
- Labguru Webinar: How to Digitize Your Lab
- Labguru Webinar: Science Won't Speak for Itself - Amplify Your Research & Get Noticed
- Labguru Webinar: 10 Essential Components of Great Science Presentations
- Take the Labguru Tour - Short Overview of What Labguru Can Do
- Take the New Labguru Tour - A Short Overview of What Labguru 2 Can Do
- Labguru Order Management Module - How to Streamline Orders of Lab Supplies
- Labguru's Molecular Module - How to Upload Plasmid Info & More
- Labguru's Research Module - How to Maintain All Research Resources in Context
- App Your Bench With Labguru iPad App - The Essentials For Efficient Lab Work
- Manage Your Reference Library with Labguru
- How to Tag your Research in Labguru
- How to Create Bidirectional Links Between Research Data & Resources in Labguru
- The Labguru 2 Research Module - Smart Lab Management
- How to Tag your Research in Labguru 2
- 6 Essentials Functions in the New Labguru
- "About BioData". BioData, Inc. http://www.labguru.com/company/about. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Gross, Jonathan (18 November 2009). "BioKM Interview: Online Lab Management". http://www.benchfly.com/blog/biokm-interview-online-lab-management/. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Thaney, Kaitlin (5 December 2011). "Bringing the Lab into the 21st Century". DigitalScience.com. https://www.digital-science.com/blog/news/bringing-the-lab-into-the-21st-century/. Retrieved 09 September 2013.
- "Labguru - Your All-in-One Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)". BioData Inc. https://www.labguru.com/. Retrieved 06 January 2019.