|Headquarters||625 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
BioData Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
BioData, Inc. was founded by researcher and programer Jonathan Gross in August 2007. Prior to that, Gross had been working on his graduate degree in biotechnology and playing with programming on the side. Eventually his need for better research tools led him to work on what would eventually be called BioKM:
I was always looking for better ways to organize my own research activities, to keep things connected and to properly document my work (OneNote, TiddlyWiki, Curio). At the time, I found by chance (or by buzz) a new programming framework Ruby On Rails and after learning that it was extracted from actual working apps, I decided to check it out (37Signals). I started playing with the idea of having a research-oriented app.
Later in 2010, Digital Science, a division of Macmillan Publishers, acquired an equity stake in BioData.
On December 5, 2011, BioKM and LabLife were replaced with BioData's new product Labguru.
In November 2022, the company updated its website to indicate that Labguru was no longer solely being marketed as an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) but as an integrated ELN, laboratory information management system (LIMS), inventory management, and automation platform for labs.
Technology and products
Labguru is a cloud-based, platform-based software solution that integrates an ELN with a LIMS, as well as inventory management and laboratory automation functionality. BioData describes it as software that "streamlines lab operations, prevents data loss, and speeds up your research outcomes – saving you time and money."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Pricing is not made public.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for Labguru:
- How to Set up Projects
- How to create the perfect experiment
- Labguru Inventory Tour
- Labguru ELN tour
- Labguru Labeling system- The LabelWizard
- Labguru - Research & Lab Management Software - A Testimonial by Anat Ben-Zvi, PhD
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "About BioData". BioData, Inc. http://www.labguru.com/company/about. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- ↑ Gross, Jonathan (18 November 2009). "BioKM Interview: Online Lab Management". http://www.benchfly.com/blog/biokm-interview-online-lab-management/. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- ↑ Thaney, Kaitlin (5 December 2011). "Bringing the Lab into the 21st Century". DigitalScience.com. https://www.digital-science.com/blog/news/bringing-the-lab-into-the-21st-century/. Retrieved 09 September 2013.
- ↑ "Labguru - Powerful Lab Management Software That Drives". BioData Inc. Archived from the original on 10 November 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20221110134841/https://www.labguru.com/. Retrieved 27 January 2023.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Labguru - Powerful Lab Management Software That Drives". BioData Inc. https://www.labguru.com/. Retrieved 27 January 2023.
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 "Your Enhanced Laboratory Information Management System". BioData Inc. https://www.labguru.com/lims. Retrieved 27 January 2023.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "The Groundbreaking Electronic Lab Notebook". BioData Inc. https://www.labguru.com/eln. Retrieved 27 January 2023.