|Headquarters||Level 2, 76 Anzac Ave., Auckland, New Zealand|
Biomatters Ltd. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software, with a strong focus on the academic and business sides of the biological sciences.
In the fall of 2011, Biomatters opened its first offices in the United States "in response to growing customer demand."
In the fall of 2018, the company announced it would be changing the name of its Geneious product to Geneious Prime.
In 2009, Biomatters jointly won the University of Auckland Business School Entrepreneurs' Challenge, which awarded them a loan to expand operations overseas.
Biomatters was awarded the Microsoft Hi-Tech Emerging Company Award in May 2012.
Technology and products
Geneious Biologics and Prime
Geneious Biologics is a version of Geneious Prime that "consolidates data in a secure and shareable cloud environment, speeding up candidate selection and ensuring reproducibility."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Pricing information can be found on the Geneious website here.
Note: A personal license allows a single named individual to use Geneious on up to three computers. A floating license allows multiple people to share a license.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for Geneious:
- Geneious Overview Webinar
- Using Geneious to Display High-Quality Sequencing Data from Challenging GC-rich Targets
- Geneiuos - Interesting Features in Geneious
- Geneious - Mapping, Coverage, and Variant Calling Using Geneious
- Geneious - Annotation Filtering
- Geneious - Automatic Annotation of Sequences
- Geneious - Workflows
- Geneious - Circular de Novo Assembly in Geneious
- Geneious - Compare Annotations in Geneious
- Geneious - Getting Started with Geneious
See Biomatters on YouTube for all their demo videos.
- "Geneious - About". Biomatters Ltd. https://www.geneious.com/about/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Geneious Desktop Software to be Renamed to Geneious Prime". Biomatters Ltd. 28 August 2018. https://www.geneious.com/about/news/geneious-desktop-software-to-be-renamed-to-geneious-prime/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Biomatters opens North American offices". Biomatters Blog. Biomatters Ltd. 13 September 2011. http://blog.biomatters.com/post/55728824833/biomatters-opens-north-american-offices. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Twose, Helen (30 May 2014). "Success: Export sales in company's DNA". The New Zealand Herald. APN New Zealand Limited. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11264149. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Biomatters Wins Hi-Tech Emerging Company Award". Biomatters Blog. Biomatters Ltd. 14 May 2012. http://blog.biomatters.com/post/55728830520/biomatters-wins-hi-tech-emerging-company-award. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Therapeutic Antibody Discovery". Biomatters Ltd. https://www.geneious.com/biopharma/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Geneious Prime - Features and Benefits". Biomatters Ltd. https://www.geneious.com/commercial/features/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Geneious Prime - Import and export sequence data". Biomatters Ltd. https://www.geneious.com/commercial/features/organised-data/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.