Brooks Automation, Inc.
|Industry||Automation and cryogenics|
|Headquarters||15 Elizabeth Drive, Chelmsford, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Number of locations||30+|
|Subsidiaries||Brooks Life Sciences|
Brooks Automation, Inc. develops and distributes automation and cryogenics solutions. Its life sciences subsidiary develops and distributes sample management solutions.
In late August 2017, RURO Inc. announced that its FreezerPro sample management solution was acquired by Brooks Automation, which also acquired a license for distribution and sales of RURO's BiobankPro. RURO indicated on its website that its "customers will continue to receive RURO’s outstanding Support services through their existing Support Contracts. New FreezerPro customers will continue to find information about FreezerPro on RURO’s website until the transition" is complete, roughly to the end of 2017. Given the press release language, RURO presumably still develops the BiobankPro software.
In August 2018, Brooks announced it had sold semiconductor cryogenics business to Edwards Vacuum, LLC.
Technology and products
BiobankPro, BioInventory, FreezerPro, and Sprint 6
BiobankPro is a "web-based clinical and translational sample management software application to manage all aspects of a sample lifecycle."
BioInventory "provides 24/7 virtual access to their inventory, shipment and receipt status for samples stored anywhere at our network of biorepositories in the U.S., Germany, Singapore, and China."
FreezerPro "is a web-based sample inventory management system ideal for small labs and [small and medium-sized enterprises] customers." The software comes in Basic, Standard, Enterprise, and Elite versions.
Sprint 6 is a high-throughput screening automation solution with "a powerful and dynamic scheduling algorithm to coordinate research processes in real-time."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- "RURO, Inc.’s FreezerPro Software Acquired by Brooks Automation, Inc.". PRWeb. Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. 24 August 2017. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/08/prweb14630079.htm. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "FreezerPro". RURO Inc. Archived from the original on 30 August 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170830200155/https://ruro.com/products/freezerpro. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Brooks Automation Announces Agreement to Sell Its Semiconductor Cryogenics Business to Atlas Copco". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association, LLC. 27 August 2018. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brooks-automation-announces-agreement-to-sell-its-semiconductor-cryogenics-business-to-atlas-copco-300702793.html. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "BiobankPro". Brooks Life Sciences. https://www.brookslifesciences.com/products/biobank-sample-management-system. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "BioInventory". Brooks Life Sciences. https://www.brookslifesciences.com/products/bioinventory-sample-management. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "FreezerPro". Brooks Life Sciences. https://www.brookslifesciences.com/products/freezerpro-laboratory-management-software. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "Sprint 6". Brooks Life Sciences. https://www.brookslifesciences.com/products/sprint-6-throughput-software. Retrieved 06 May 2019.