Broughton Software Ltd.
|Headquarters||Griffin House, First Floor, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, U.K.|
|Number of locations||1|
|Products||LabHQ, LabHQ Link|
Broughton Software Ltd. develops, distributes, deploys, and supports laboratory informatics software solutions.
Broughton Software Ltd. was founded in November 2012 as a spinoff from Broughton Laboratories, where their flagship product, LabHQ LIMS, originated. By September 2015, the software had reached its fourth iteration.
In October 2016, Broughton Software achieved UKAS accredited certification to ISO 9001:2015 for operating a quality management system for the design and development, deployment and support of electronic data management systems for use in regulated environments.
Prior sister companies
LabHQ Ltd. was a sister company of Broughton Laboratories Limited that previously developed the LabHQ LIMS. In November 2012, Broughton Laboratories incorporated new sister company SkySource Ltd. The LabHQ LIMS was then transferred to SkySource, and LabHQ Ltd. officially dissolved on March 5, 2013. In September 2014, SkySource Ltd. became Broughton Software Ltd.
Technology and products
LabHQ is a modular and configurable laboratory information management system (LIMS) that helps you "store, process, report and analyse your QC data in a secure electronic environment." The software allows users to manage products, specifications, test methods and user accounts; customize many report types; and work within a GMP-regulated environment. LabHQ can be hosted locally or utilized with a software as a service (SaaS) subscription.
Aside from the base installation, users can choose to add three additional modules: equipment maintenance, stability study management, and stock management modules.
1. The Equipment Maintenance module provides users with the ability to trace equipment used against test results and record that in the audit trail. The main features allow users to track equipment status, create maintenance and calibration schedules, print equipment labels, and generate service history reports.
2. The Stability Study Management module allows users to create study protocols to track the product, storage conditions, time-points, testing regimes, and number of samples stored. Templates can be created for study protocols so that they can be reused for future batches. The module submits a sample for testing once it is pulled from storage via the stability study management module. Users can also receive notifications for each time-point and related trend data.
3. The Stock Management module provides users with the ability to trace stock used against test results and record that in the audit trail. The main features allow users to track inventory, stock levels and status; provide notifications for expiry and low stock levels; generate stock labels; and test self-made stock before use in the lab.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Source for pricing information is directly from Broughton Software. As prices may change at any time, always contact the vendor directly to obtain a price list or quote.
- LabHQ LIMS, up to 15 users: £1,000 per month
- Stock Management module: additional £150 per month
- Equipment Maintenance module: additional £150 per month
- Stability Study Management module: additional £350 per month
- Environmental Monitoring module: additional £350 per month
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos exist for LabHQ:
The following testimonial videos exist for LabHQ:
- LabHQ LIMS Testimonial - Broughton Laboratories
- LabHQ LIMS Testimonial - Huddersfield Pharmacy Specials
- LabHQ LIMS Testimonial - Morris Lubricants
- "Broughton Software Limited". Companies House. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08304811. Retrieved 02 August 2017.
- "Dr. Paul Moran". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/dr.-paul-moran. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "BSI Certificate of Registration - Broughton Software" (PDF). BSI Assurance UK Ltd. 24 October 2016. https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/442299/2017/About%20Us/Broughton-Software-ISO-9001-2015-Certificate.pdf. Retrieved 02 August 2017.
- Hollywood, Paula (29 October 2012). "LabHQ - LIMS". ARC Advisory Group. http://www.arcweb.com/supplier-profiles/2012-10-28/labhq-lims-1.aspx. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Part of YOUR Supply Chain". Broughton Laboratories Limited. 20 August 2012. http://www.broughtonlaboratories.co.uk/news/part_of_your_supply_chain/. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Broughton Laboratories Serves Their Customers Through LabHQ LIMS". SkySource Ltd. 20 August 2013. http://www.sky-source.com/broughton-laboratories-contributes-to-labhq-lims/. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "WebCHeck: Company number 08304811". Companies House. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "SkySource Ltd.". Broughton Laboratories Limited. http://www.broughtonlaboratories.co.uk/our_services/skysource_ltd_software_solutions/. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "WebCHeck: Company number 06596322". Companies House. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "LabHQ LIMS". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/labhq-lims. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Equipment Maintenance Module". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/equipment-maintenance-module. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Stability Study Management Module". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/stability-study-management-module. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Stock Management for LabHQ LIMS". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/stock-management-module. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "LabHQ LIMS Features". Broughton Software Ltd. https://www.broughtonsoftware.com/labhq-lims-features. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
, chemical, contract services, food and beverage, manufacturing and R&D, microbiology, pharmaceutical