|Defunct||March 24, 2011|
|Headquarters||100 CambridgePark Dr., Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.|
CambridgeSoft Corporation developed and distributed laboratory informatics software, specializing in the biotechnology, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. The entity now operates as a subsidiary of PerkinElmer Inc. under the umbrella of "PerkinElmer Informatics."
CambridgeSoft's previous LIMS offering was called Discovery LIMS.
CambridgeSoft was bought by PerkinElmer Inc. in March 2011 and now essentially acts as a subsidiary. Products like ChemBioOffice, ChemDraw, and ChemOffice, and E-Notebook maintained their identities, while Workflow LIMS was seemingly phased out by the end of 2011, likely in favor of LABWORKS LIMS.
Technology and products
For more information about CambridgeSoft's offerings, please refer to the PerkinElmer Inc. page.
- "PerkinElmer agrees to buy CambridgeSoft". Boston.com. 24 March 2011. Archived from the original on 03 November 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20121103165800/http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2011/03/perkinelmer_agr_1.html. Retrieved 05 September 2014.
- "About PerkinElmer Informatics". PerkinElmer Inc. http://www.cambridgesoft.com/about/profile/. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Announcing CambridgeSoft from Perkin Elmer". PerkinElmer Inc. http://www.cambridgesoft.com/pki/. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Shatsoff, Jordan H. (2007). "Discovery LIMS to the Rescue". CambridgeSoft Corporation. Archived from the original on 27 May 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070527130411/http://chembionews.cambridgesoft.com/Articles/Default.aspx?articleID=435. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Enterprise Solutions - Workflow LIMS". PerkinElmer Inc. Archived from the original on 18 November 2011. http://web.archive.org/web/20111118083039/http://www.cambridgesoft.com/solutions/details/?fid=189. Retrieved 17 April 2013.