2800 Rockcreek Parkway|
North Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
Cerner Corporation develops and distributes healthcare informatics software solutions.
On August 5, 2014, Cerner Corporation announced it had acquired Siemens' Health Services division for $1.3 billion U.S. The company stated "[f]ollowing the acquisition, support for Siemens Health Services core platforms will remain in place" and that "[c]urrent implementations will continue." The acquisition was finalized in February 2015. Affected products may include Siemens' Servolab and TD-Synergy LISs, though they're fate is still not clear. The acquisition notice indicated "[a] unique feature of this acquisition is we’ll continue working with Siemens AG in a R&D capacity, in order to advance the interoperability of electronic health records with medical devices." The transition period was expected to last three years.
In 2018, the company removed almost all information about CoPathPlus and PathNet. Vague information remains scattered across its websites, with CoPathPlus getting brief mention on the U.S. website, and PathNet information showing up on the Great Britain site.
Technology and products
CoPathPlus and PathNet
PathNet is an anatomical pathology LIS "designed to automate the workflow to provide an efficient and quality service."
See also Siemens AG for additional products.
NOTE: Not all products may be available in certain regions of the world. Contact Cerner for clarity. Much of what was known about these products was removed from the company websites sometime in 2018.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
- "Cerner to Acquire Siemens Health Services for $1.3 Billion" (PDF). Cerner Corporation. 05 August 2014. http://acquisitions.cernernews.com/pdfs/Press%20Release%20080514%20CERNER%20TO%20ACQUIRE%20SIEMENS%20HS.pdf. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Cerner Completes Acquisition of Siemens Health Services". Cerner Corporation. 02 February 2015. http://www.cerner.com/Cerner_Completes_Acquisition_of_Siemens_Health_Services/. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "Laboratory". Cerner Corporation. https://www.cerner.com/solutions/laboratory. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Laboratory". Cerner Corporation. https://www.cerner.com/gb/en/solutions/laboratory. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Comprehensive Pathology Information Management - Cerner Millennium PathNet". Cerner Corporation. http://issuu.com/hk2012/docs/pathnet_millennium_uk_fl01_021_12_v1. Retrieved 01 May 2013.