|Headquarters||900 Ridgefield Dr., Suite 150, Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.|
ChemWare, Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
ChemWare, Inc. was founded in 1987 and made its first commercial release of HORIZON LIMS in 1991. In early 2004, the company won the Technology Quality Leadership Award from market research and analysis firm Frost & Sullivan. ChemWare was acquired by New Resources Companies in early 2012, though ChemWare was allowed to continue to operate as an independent company.
ChemWare was acquired again in January 2014 by the Dohmen Company, which also acquired Red Arrow Labs and Clinical Path Consulting. ChemWare operates as a subsidiary of Dohmen (as ChemWare, LLC), though at some unknown point, ChemWare's HORIZON software was transferred to Dohmen's acquired Red Arrow Labs, LLC, which appears to now be developing it. However, it also appears ChemWare is still selling HORIZON, based on a still active GSA contract.
Technology and products
For more about HORIZON LIMS' current incarnation (and GSA pricing), see Red Arrow Labs, LLC.
- "ChemWare > Corporate > About ChemWare". ChemWare, Inc. http://www.chemware.com/Corporate/AboutChemWare.aspx. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "ChemWare, Inc. Receives the 2004 Frost & Sullivan Award for Technology Quality Leadership". Frost & Sullivan. 02 March 2004. http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/press-release-print.pag?docid=10734663. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "New Resources Companies Acquire ChemWare". New Resources Consulting, LLC. 02 January 2012. http://www.nrconsults.com/news/view/?newsId=561. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Kirchen, R. (03 January 2014). "Dohmen acquires two Milwaukee firms". Milwaukee Business Journal. American City Business Journals, Inc. https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2014/01/03/dohmen-acquires-two-milwaukee-firms.html. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "About: Who We Are". Red Arrow Labs, LLC. Archived from the original on 24 August 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170824175706/http://horizonlims.com/about/. Retrieved 24 August 2017.