|Developer(s)||Clinovo, Inc. (dba ClinCapture)|
|Initial release||April 9, 2013(184.108.40.206)|
[ (January 16, 2017 ) ±]
|Preview release||±](April 12, 2016 ) [|
|Written in||Java, JSP, XML|
Electronic data capture|
Clinical trials software
|License(s)||GNU Lesser General Public License|
ClinCapture is an open-source electronic data capture (EDC) system designed for data capture, query management, and reporting for clinical trials for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. It is a fork of OpenClinica 3.1.3.
On April 4, 2013 support services company Clinovo, Inc. made its EDC tool ClinCapture, a fork of OpenClinica 3.1.3, available to the open-source developer community, though the company had publicly referred to its software as open-source before it was made public to the general community. Clinovo CTO Mark Desgrousilliers stated the "decision to fork was borne out of a desire to: a) promote a higher level of quality in the code base itself, b) to provide a higher level of transparency, and c) to generate a feature set that was geared towards the needs of a CRO."
A few days later on the ninth of April, the first public open-source release of ClinCapture was made available to the community under the GNU Lesser General Public License. Later that summer, Clinovo began offering hosting services for the software.
In March 2016, Clinovo (which began doing business as "ClinCapture" in 2016) announced that it had attracted its two-hundredth clinical study to the ClinCapture platform.
Features and versions
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- real-time data access
- support for multiple study sites
- user roles and role-based security
- patient management
- query support
Clinovo also hosts several versions of its Clincapture software under the software as a service (SaaS) distribution model. It's Standard version is available for free, though Clinovo doesn't publicly make it clear what the limitations of the free version are.
- CRF annotations
- Dynamic groups
- Calendared visits
- Interactive dashboards
- Item-level SDV
- Subject casebook in PDF
- CRF masking
- SAS extracts
- CDASH CRF library
- CRF evaluation
- Level 1 support
- Medical coding
- CDISC SDTM datasets
- CTMS integration
- EMR integration
- Web services API
- Global hosting preferences
- Level 2 support
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Download the free open-source version from here or download the source code from here.
- Documentation for the free downloadable version can be found on the ClinCapture wiki.
- Videos of ClinCapture can be found here.
- The ClinCapture brochure explaining Clinovo's hosted service is available here.
- An archived version of the old ClinCapture brochure explaining the downloadable software can be found here.
Clinovo offers several training resources to better understand the software.
Entities using ClinCapture
According to Clinovo, the following are examples of entities use ClinCapture:
Acclarant, Accuray, Apnicure, BioMarin, Concentric Medical, Corcept, Digitaliza TXT, EO2 Concepts, Forsight Labs, GCP-Service International, Genentech, Gilead, Guided Delivery Systems, Integrium, Intuitive Surgical, Janssen, Kona Medical, Medivation, Nestle, NovaBay, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Pharmacyclics, PRC Clinical, Regenexx, Sequenom, Sunesis, Synergy Research Group, Topera Medical, WCCT
- "ClinCapture Release Notes - ClinCapture Version 220.127.116.11" (TXT). Clinovo, Inc. https://svn.clinovo.com/clincapture/trunk/web/README.txt. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "source: tags/clincapture-18.104.22.168@50". Clinovo, Inc. https://trac.clinovo.com/clincapture/browser/tags/clincapture-22.214.171.124?rev=50. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "License.txt" (TXT). Clinovo, Inc. https://svn.clinovo.com/clincapture/trunk/web/LICENSE.txt. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- Collins, Cal; Desgrousilliers, Marc (30 May 2013). "clincapture looks familiar". OpenClinica LLC. https://mailman.openclinica.com/pipermail/users/2013-June/008433.html. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- Taylor, Nick Paul (04 April 2013). "What's hot this week in new tech launches". FierceBiotech. Archived from the original on 10 June 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130610195540/http://www.fiercebiotechit.com/story/whats-hot-week-new-tech-launches/2013-04-04. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- Timpson, Theral (27 January 2013). "Clinical Trials Go Open Source with Marc Desgrousilliers, Clinovo". Mendelspod.com. http://mendelspod.com/podcast/clinical-trials-go-open-source-with-marc-desgrousilliers-clinovo. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "ClinCapture Hosting". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 01 August 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130801141224/http://www.clinovo.com/clincapture/services/hosting. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "ClinCapture EDC Attracts its 200th Standard Clinical Study". PRWeb. Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. 22 March 2016. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/03/prweb13284279.htm. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "ClinCapture: The Most Advanced Open-source EDC" (PDF). Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clinovo.com/userfiles/EDC_brochure.pdf. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "Introductory demo of ClinCapture". Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clinovo.com/clincapture/take-a-tour/introduction-to-clincapture. Retrieved 04 September 2013.
- "ClinCapture: The Only Free Validated EDC" (PDF). Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clincapture.com/userfiles/brochures/ClinCapture_General_Brochure.pdf. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "ClinCapture EDC Pricing & Packages". Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clincapture.com/products/clincapture/packages. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "Some of Our Clients". Clinovo, Inc. http://www.clincapture.com/about-clincapture/clients. Retrieved 02 May 2016.