|Headquarters||1428 Bush St., San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
|Key people||Scott Weidley, Mark Desgrousilliers|
ClinCapture, Inc. develops and distributes clinical electronic data capture (EDC) software. The company also offers certified training of its software.
ClinCapture, Inc. was originally founded as Clinovo, Inc. in 2013. Clinovo developed and released its open-source EDC software ClinCapture as a fork of of OpenClinica 3.1.3 and made it available to the community in April 2013. Soon after, Clinovo began offering hosting services for the software.
In March 2016, Clinovo (which began doing business as "ClinCapture" that year) announced that it had attracted its two-hundredth clinical study to the ClinCapture platform.
Sometime in early 2017, the company removed reference to its free open-source ClinCapture software from its website. In early 2018, the company confirmed (in personal correspondence) that it "no longer offers free EDC" and that its commercial EDC was called Captivate. In February 2018, the company officially changed names from Clinovo, Inc. to ClinCapture, Inc.
Technology and products
Captivate is a cloud-based electronic data capture system for clinical researchers. The software comes in three versions: Light, Standard, and Global. Features vary among the versions, with the Light version targeting simple single- or multi-site studies; Standard targeting larger, more complex trials; and Global targeting large worldwide clinical trials.
The company states that the software has the following functionality:
- custom deployment, including localized languages
- private servers
- controllable software updates
- interactive dashboards for viewing data real-time
- version control
- risk-based monitoring
- data export
Public pricing information isn't available.
Demonstration videos and other media
- "Business Search". California Secretary of State. https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 08 March 2018. "Search for either ClinCapture or entity number C3597668"
- Taylor, Nick Paul (04 April 2013). "What's hot this week in new tech launches". FierceBiotech. Archived from the original on 10 June 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130610195540/http://www.fiercebiotechit.com/story/whats-hot-week-new-tech-launches/2013-04-04. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "ClinCapture Hosting". Clinovo, Inc. Archived from the original on 01 August 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130801141224/http://www.clinovo.com/clincapture/services/hosting. Retrieved 08 March 2018.
- "ClinCapture EDC Attracts its 200th Standard Clinical Study". PRWeb. Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. 22 March 2016. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/03/prweb13284279.htm. Retrieved 02 May 2016.
- "Captivate Electronic Data Capture (EDC)". ClinCapture, Inc. https://www.clincapture.com/captivate-electronic-data-capture-edc/. Retrieved 06 November 2020.