CliniSys Group Limited
|Headquarters||Culverdon House, Abbots Way, Chertsey, Surrey, U.K.|
|Number of locations||8|
|Parent||Roper Technologies, Inc.|
CliniSys Group Limited develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
In May 2007, ECI Partners LLP acquired CliniSys Group Limited for "Gbp61 million, plus an earn-out of up to Gbp2 million from its founding shareholders."
On October 26, 2015, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. announced that its parent company Roper Technologies had acquired both CliniSys Group Limited and Atlas Medical. The press release noted, however, that "[c]ompletion of the CliniSys acquisition is dependent upon receiving approval from the competition authorities in Germany and the United Kingdom," and that "[c]ollaboration between Sunquest and CliniSys will not begin until formal approval is received."
On January 5, 2022, CliniSys Group Limited announced that it was acquiring HORIZON Lab Systems, LLC and its laboratory information management system (LIMS), adding that "[t]he acquisition extends CliniSys’ laboratory testing, diagnostics, and management capabilities further into the public health sector and related markets, such as environmental, water quality testing, public health, toxicology, and agricultural testing." Nearly two weeks later, CliniSys announced it and HORIZON would combine with Sunquest Information Systems, Inc., which CliniSys parent Roper Technologies acquired in 2016. It was further reported that HORIZON LIMS may combine with Sunquest's LIS, Sunquest Laboratory. The same report suggested that "[t]he expanded firm will be known by the CliniSys name, although it’s possible that Sunquest will keep its branded product line." As of late March 2022, it's not clear how all three entities will combine their assets; each company's product website still operates independently.
On April 12, 2022, CliniSys Group Limited announced that it had acquired Common Cents Systems, Inc. and its ApolloLIMS solution. CliniSys justified the acquisition as such: "With the addition of ApolloLIMS, we are now poised to seize new opportunities to quickly expand our offerings in community and public health diagnostics, and to help better track and prevent disease." The press release notes that "[o]ver time the ApolloLIMS solution will be integrated into the CliniSys product family as the business accelerates the roadmap for its next-generation SaaS product strategy."
On October 4, 2022, CliniSys Group Limited announced the completion of "the combination of Sunquest Information Systems, HORIZON Lab Systems, and Apollo LIMS under its singular brand." While the announcement indicated that the branding was affected, as of October 4 it is still not clear what happened to Sunquest, HORIZON, and Common Cents as legal entities (i.e., are they subsidiaries or separate entities doing business as Clinisys).
Sometime in 2021, the SampleNet application was removed from the company website, and it is presumed discontinued. SampleNet was "a windows-based application providing connectivity between all analytical platforms within and outwith the laboratory environment and your laboratory information system."
Additionally, the CyberTrack application was also removed sometime in 2021 and is presumed discontinued. CyberTrack was "a web-based application for online transfusion registration and tracking" that "allows health care providers (nurses, doctors) from outside the laboratory to register a blood transfusion and to consult recent, current and future transfusion info."
Technology and products
WinPath Enterprise, PathManager, and more
WinPath Enterprise is a multidisciplinary laboratory information management system (LIMS) "which comprehensively supports all the individual key disciplines" and "allows you to implement best practice workflows, maximize efficiency and comply with all relevant statutory requirements."
PathManager is an "advanced management reporting" business intelligence solution developed "to provide easy access and reporting on key performance indicators and user definable specialist queries and searches."
NOTE: For GLIMS and other solutions developed by subsidiary MIPS, see MIPS NV.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- "CliniSys acquires European LIMS leader". DigitalHealth.net. Digital Health Intelligence Limited. 18 July 2005. https://www.digitalhealth.net/2005/07/clinisys-acquires-european-lims-leader/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "CliniSys acquires MIPS, a leading European pathology software supplier". Pathology in Practice. Step Communications Ltd. 21 July 2005. https://www.pathologyinpractice.com/story/15969/clinisys-acquires-mips-a-leading-european-pathology-software-supplier. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "ECI Acquires CliniSys". PEHub. Argosy Group, LLC. 1 May 2007. https://www.pehub.com/2007/05/eci-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "Sunquest Announces Roper Technologies' Acquisition of CliniSys and Atlas Medical". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 26 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunquest-announces-roper-technologies-acquisition-of-clinisys-and-atlas-medical-300165958.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Manning, M. (26 October 2015). "The Sarasota tech powerhouse that just keeps growing". Tampa Bay Business Journal. American City Business Journals. https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/10/26/the-sarasota-tech-powerhouse-that-just-keeps.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Montagu Private Equity announces the sale of CliniSys to Roper Technologies". Montagu Private Equity LLP. 7 January 2016. https://www.montagu.com/news/montagu-private-equity-announces-the-sale-of-clinisys-to-roper-technologies/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". CliniSys. 26 January 2016. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/in/en/news/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "CliniSys acquires HORIZON Lab Systems, LLC a leading laboratory information management system (LIMS) provider". CliniSys Group Limited. 5 January 2022. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/uk/en/news/clinisys-acquires-horizon-lab-systems/.
- "News & PressCliniSys Acquires HORIZON Lab Systems And Combines With Sunquest Information Systems CliniSys acquires HORIZON Lab Systems and combines with Sunquest Information Systems to create one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics". Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. 18 January 2022. https://www.sunquestinfo.com/news-and-press/clinisys-acquires-horizon-lab-systems-and-combines-with-sunquest-information-systems/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- Michel, R. (31 January 2022). "LIS Market Will Change After Oracle, CliniSys Deals". Dark Report. https://www.darkintelligencegroup.com/the-dark-report/laboratory-information-systems/lis-market-will-change-after-oracle-clinisys-deals/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- "CliniSys acquires ApolloLIMS to grow community and public health diagnostics capability". Common Cents Systems, Inc. 12 April 2022. https://resources.apollolims.com/blog/clinisys-acquires-apollolims-to-grow-community-and-public-health-diagnostics-capability. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- Longworth, C. (13 April 2022). "Clinisys purchases cloud-based laboratory system Apollolims". BioWorld. https://www.bioworld.com/articles/517907-clinisys-purchases-cloud-based-laboratory-system-apollolims. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Clinisys completes combination of Sunquest, HORIZON and ApolloLIMS businesses". CliniSys Group Limited. 4 October 2022. https://www.clinisys.com/uk/en/news/clinisys-completes-combination-of-sunquest-horizon-and-apollolims-businesses/. Retrieved 04 October 2022.
- "SampleNet". CliniSys Group Limited. Archived from the original on 28 November 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201128170828/http://www.clinisys.co.uk/international/solutions/nhs-solutions/instrument-management/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "Blood Registration and Tracking". CliniSys Group Limited. Archived from the original on 28 November 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201128155451/http://www.clinisys.co.uk/international/solutions/international-solutions/blood-tracking/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "WinPath Enterprise". CliniSys. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/uk/en/solution/winpath/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "PathManager". CliniSys Group Limited. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/uk/en/solution/winpath/business-intelligence/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "WinPath Enterprise" (PDF). CliniSys Group Limited. March 2021. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/app/uploads/2021/03/WinPath-Enterprise_Brochure.pdf. Retrieved 30 September 2021.