|Headquarters||Sluisweg 2 bus 5, Gent, Belgium|
|Parent||Roper Technologies, Inc.|
Clinisys NV—doing business as Clinisys—is a Belgium-based subsidiary of parent company Roper Technologies, Inc. and was previously known as MIPS NV. The company develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
In February 2011, MIPS acquired the property of Gespower SA—including its LIS GesLab—after it went bankrupt. The company planned to assist abandoned GesLab users and help them transition to GLIMS, MIPS' LIS offering.
In February 2015, MIPS acquired MCS-LDS, the Germany-based laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG, know for their products Vianova Labor and PROMED Open/X-PROMED.
On October 26, 2015, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. announced that its parent company Roper Technologies had acquired both CliniSys Group Limited and Atlas Medical. The press release noted, however, that "[c]ompletion of the CliniSys acquisition is dependent upon receiving approval from the competition authorities in Germany and the United Kingdom," and that "[c]ollaboration between Sunquest and CliniSys will not begin until formal approval is received."
On April 30, 2021, MIPS announced its new GLIMS Genetics, described as combining "the power of a mature laboratory information system (LIS) for ‘traditional’ specialties with the specific needs of genetics, including those linked to more recent technologies such as next-generation sequencing (NGS)."
Sometime in 2021, the Leonardo application was removed from the company website, and it is presumed either discontinued or integrated into DaVinci. Leonardo was a "digital pathology collaboration network – fully integrated in its pathology process and workflow system DaVinci" that "enables pathologists to share cases and their related digital slides and images with colleagues worldwide."
MonaLisa is another application that appears to have been removed from the company website in 2021. It was a financial management add-on for DaVinci. (It's not clear if it was discontinued or integrated into DaVinci.)
Technology and products
Clinisys GLIMS, DaVinci, and CyberLab
Clinisys GLIMS is a cloud-ready laboratory information system (LIS) "that allows you to organise and automate all processes exactly as you want them: from order entry and instrument control to results reporting, invoicing and statistics." A genetics-oriented version of GLIMS called Clinisys GLIMS Genetics is also available.
Clinsys DaVinci is a LIS-like solution that helps pathology labs "optimize pathology processes, and work more efficiently and collaboratively."
Note: All products are described as being part of the Clinisys Laboratory Platform.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demo videos are available for MIPS products:
- MIPS DaVinci - Your pathology process and workflow system
- MIPS Leonardo - Your digital pathology collaboration network
- "Credit Agreement among Roper Technologies, Inc.". Securities Exchange Commission. 21 July 2022. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/882835/000119312522199694/d291205dex101.htm. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "About MIPS". MIPS NV. 2000. Archived from the original on 25 May 2000. https://web.archive.org/web/20000609104950/http://www.mips.be/. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "CliniSys acquires European LIMS leader". DigitalHealth.net. Digital Health Intelligence Limited. 18 July 2005. https://www.digitalhealth.net/2005/07/clinisys-acquires-european-lims-leader/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "CliniSys acquires MIPS, a leading European pathology software supplier". Pathology in Practice. Step Communications Ltd. 21 July 2005. https://www.pathologyinpractice.com/story/15969/clinisys-acquires-mips-a-leading-european-pathology-software-supplier. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "MIPS acquires GesLab, Belgium". Pathology in Practice. Mynewsdesk. 19 February 2011. http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/pressreleases/mips-acquires-geslab-belgium-583790. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "MIPS strengthens presence in Germany with acquisition of MCS-LDS, laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG". MIPS NV. 25 February 2015. https://www.mips.be/international/news-and-events/news/2015/mips-strengthens-presence-in-germany-with-acquisition-of-mcs-lds,-laboratory-information-systems-business-unit-of-mcs-ag/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Sunquest Announces Roper Technologies' Acquisition of CliniSys and Atlas Medical". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 26 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunquest-announces-roper-technologies-acquisition-of-clinisys-and-atlas-medical-300165958.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Manning, M. (26 October 2015). "The Sarasota tech powerhouse that just keeps growing". Tampa Bay Business Journal. American City Business Journals. https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/10/26/the-sarasota-tech-powerhouse-that-just-keeps.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Montagu Private Equity announces the sale of CliniSys to Roper Technologies". Montagu Private Equity LLP. 7 January 2016. https://www.montagu.com/news/montagu-private-equity-announces-the-sale-of-clinisys-to-roper-technologies/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". CliniSys. 26 January 2016. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/international/news-and-events/news/2016/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "CliniSys - MIPS launches GLIMS Genetics: An expert laboratory information system for human genetics". MIPS NV. 30 April 2021. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/at/en/news/clinisysmips-launches-glims-genetics/. Retrieved 03 May 2021.
- "MEDICAL INFORMATION PROFESSIONAL SYSTEMS, AFGEKORT : MIPS NV". Moniteur Belge. 9 September 2022. http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi_tsv/tsv_rech.pl?language=nl&btw=0428149981&liste=Liste. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "Medical Information Professional System - Benaming, Statuten (Vertaling, coordinatie, overige wijzigingen)" (PDF). Moniteur Belge. 7 September 2022. https://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pdf/2022/09/09/22356749.pdf. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "Leonardo: Your digital pathology collaboration network" (PDF). MIPS NV. Archived from the original on 26 May 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20200526163213/http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/428476/leonardo-your-digital-pathology-collaboration-network.pdf. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "MonaLisa: The autonomous financial management system for your pathology lab". MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/be/en/solutions/pathology-solutions/financial-management/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Clinisys LIS - Order entry and result consultation". Clinisys NV. https://www.clinisys.com/in/en/history/clinisys-mips/. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "CyberLab: Streamline communication between care providers and laboratory" (PDF). MIPS NV. February 2021. https://www.clinisys.com/app/uploads/2021/02/CyberLab-Brochure-EN.pdf. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- [https://www.clinisys.com/app/uploads/2021/06/GLIMS_Brochure_EN_280621.pdf "GLIMS: A future-proof solution for all laboratory disciplines"] (PDF). MIPS NV. June 2021. https://www.clinisys.com/app/uploads/2021/06/GLIMS_Brochure_EN_280621.pdf. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "GLIMS: A future-proof solution". MIPS NV. Archived from the original on 29 September 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20220929164548/https://www.clinisysgroup.com/in/en/solution/glims/. Retrieved 23 September 2023.
- "The Power of GLIMS Genetics". MIPS NV. Archived from the original on 19 May 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20220519175116/https://www.clinisysgroup.com/at/en/solution/genomics/. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "DaVinci: Boost your pathology workflow" (PDF). MIPS NV. February 2021. https://www.clinisys.com/app/uploads/2021/02/DaVinci-Brochure-EN-190221.pdf. Retrieved 23 January 2023.