Computer Aid, Inc.
|Headquarters||1390 Ridgeview Drive, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Number of locations||34|
|Website||Business site: cai.io|
Computer Aid, Inc. is an IT services firm.
In 2004, Computer Aid began working with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) to "design, develop, and implement the Pennsylvania Animal Health Emergency Reporting Diagnostic System (PAHERDS)." In 2005, Computer Aid again worked with the PDA to develop what would become USALIMS, and in 2006 they developed USAPlants, a computer application for agriculture management, for the PDA. The PDA would later go on to create the Animal Health Information Management Consortium (AHIMC) to share that software with other state agencies. Ultimately, the State donated all these software applications to the National Agribusiness Technology Center, which made the software available under the integrated AgraGuard platform for free to state and local governments.
Up until about 2019, Computer Aid was also the software implementer and developer for some of the software offerings of non-profit corporation National Agribusiness Technology Center (NATC). However, all mention of NATC was removed from the Computer Aid website in 2019, and it's not clear if the company still has dealings with the NATC. Additionally, any mention of its laboratory information management system (LIMS) software HealthLIMS was removed with the website change, and again it's not clear what the software's fate is.
Former technology and products
HealthLIMS was a LIS-like laboratory information management system (LIMS) "that supports the full life cycle of testing human biospecimens" in local and state public health laboratories. The software was based off the USALIMS offering it originally created for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. The software was also able to be hosted under the SaaS model.
- Abdelmalek, Chris (20 July 2013). "Computer Aid, Inc. - Pesticide Applicator Certification And Training Workshop" (PDF). Computer Aid, Inc. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140812155716/http://ctaginfo.org/pact2013/PDFs/5A_Rowe_Exam%20Admin%20Cost%20Savings.pdf. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "CAI History". Computer Aid, Inc. http://www.compaid.com/whoweare/history.aspx. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "U.S. Animal Health Management System - Cross-Boundary Collaboration and Partnerships" (PDF). NASCIO. 2008. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140812165949/http://www.nascio.org/awards/nominations/2008/2008PA2-NASCIO%202008%20PA%20PDA%20US%20Animal%20Health%20Management%20System%201.pdf. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Association of Food and Drug Officials - Exhibitors". Association of Food and Drug Officials. http://denver.afdo.org/exhibitors.html. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Sole Source Determination - Requisition Number: AGR1229". State of West Virginia. 2012. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140812171319/http://www.state.wv.us/admin/purchase/rfq/fy2012/AGR1229.pdf. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "The National Agribusiness Technology Center - Press / News". National Agribusiness Technology Center. http://www.tnatc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=49. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "HealthLIMS - An Enterprise LIMS for State Health Departments". Computer Aid, Inc. Archived from the original on 03 November 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20181103003329/http://healthlims.com/. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "HealthLIMS" (PDF). Computer Aid, Inc. 26 February 2013. Archived from the original on 16 August 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180816054440/http://healthlims.com/HealthLIMS.pdf. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "HealthLIMS - Features". Computer Aid, Inc. Archived from the original on 16 August 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180816055424/http://healthlims.com/services.html. Retrieved 15 October 2019.