Core Informatics, LLC
|Former type||Limited Liability Company|
|Headquarters||500 East Main St., Suite 208, Branford, Connecticut, United States|
|Area served||United States|
|Parent||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Up until the summer of 2021, the Core Informatics web page was still operating independently, listing Core Informatics as "part of Thermo Fisher Scientific." Sometime after that, Thermo began redirecting coreinformatics.com links to the thermofisher.com website. At this point it's not clear if Core Informatics, LLC is still operating behind the scenes or is fully absorbed by Thermo Fisher. A business entity search on September 30 still shows the company as active.
Technology and products
Core ELN, LIMS, and SDMS
Note: For the current iteration of Core ELN and Core LIMS, see Thermo Scientific. The Core SDMS seems to have been dropped by Thermo.
Core ELN was an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) that "enables lab managers and scientists to seamlessly share data and results organization-wide in an environment that is 21CFR11 compliant." The ELN was available in a biology and chemistry edition.
Core LIMS was a laboratory information management system (LIMS) that features "flexible component-based architecture provides organizations with the opportunity to purchase only the software that is required to support their existing data management needs."
Core SDMS was a scientific data management system (SDMS) that "provides an automated data capture framework for the integration of the Thermo Fisher Platform for Science Software with laboratory instruments and workflows." The SDMS had features such as instrument integration, automated data management, software connectivity, audit trail, remote file capture, and configurable security roles.
- Staff Reporter (11 May 2017). "Thermo Fisher Spent $314M on Two Acquisitions in Q1; Settled IP Suits With Roche 454, Illumina". GenomeWeb. https://www.genomeweb.com/business-news/thermo-fisher-spent-314m-two-acquisitions-q1-settled-ip-suits-roche-454-illumina. Retrieved 06 January 2019. "Thermo Fisher acquired Core Informatics in early March for a total of $94 million, net of cash acquired. The informatics firm, which has been offering cloud-based platforms for scientific management, is now part of Thermo's Analytical Instruments segment. Last year, Core Informatics launched a validated version of its Platform-for-Science infrastructure for regulated laboratories in the biopharmaceutical industry and clinical genomics. Thermo said in the filing that Core Informatics had approximately $10 million in revenues in 2016 and that the purchase price exceeded the fair market value of the identifiable net assets, so it allocated $63 million of the price to goodwill."
- "Core Informatics". Thermo Fisher Scientific. Archived from the original on 06 May 2021. https://web.archive.org/web/20210506040116/http://www.coreinformatics.com/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "Core Informatics, LLC". Connecticut Business Records Search. The State of Connecticut. https://service.ct.gov/business/s/onlinebusinesssearch?businessName=Core%20Informatics. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "Core ELN". Core Informatics, LLC. Archived from the original on 21 August 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160821215332/http://www.coreinformatics.com/products/core-eln/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "Core LIMS Features". Core Informatics, LLC. Archived from the original on 26 February 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170226213316/http://www.corelims.com/products/core-lims-product-summary/features/. Retrieved 30 February 2021.
- "Core SDMS". Core Informatics, LLC. Archived from the original on 01 October 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20201001071021/https://www.coreinformatics.com/products/core-sdms-2/. Retrieved 30 September 2021.