Flywheel Exchange, LLC
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||227 Colfax Avenue North, Suite 148, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Number of locations||1|
|Key people||Troy Kopischke, Imad Nijim|
Flywheel Exchange, LLC develops and distributes laboratory and scientific informatics software solutions.
Flywheel Exchange was founded in May 2012.
On September 29, 2015, Flywheel Exchange announced it would be entering into a partnership with Stanford Center for Cognitive and Neurobiological Imaging director Dr. Brian Wandell to commercialize his radiology and imaging-related scientific data management software. A week later, that software was revealed to be available as a private beta under the name "Flywheel." The software was reported to "offer scientists using functional MRI the tools to effectively capture, store, organize, and share their data." The software exited the private beta phase on December 15 and became available for the general public.
Technology and products
- local installation or served in the cloud (SaaS)
- instrument and application integration
- data linking and sharing
- groupable data collections
- advanced query
- user and group management
- image pre-processing tools
- data analysis tools
- data archiving and backups
- document and image management
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos exist for Flywheel:
- "Business Record Details > Flywheel Exchange, LLC". Minnesota Business and Lien System. Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/Business/SearchDetails?filingGuid=aecb82df-94a9-e111-afc0-001ec94ffe7f. Retrieved 03 November 2015.
- "Flywheel Partners with Dr. Brian Wandell". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association, LLC. 29 September 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/flywheel-partners-with-dr-brian-wandell-300150255.html. Retrieved 03 November 2015.
- "Flywheel Launches Private Beta Phase of its Data Management Platform". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association, LLC. 07 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/flywheel-launches-private-beta-phase-of-its-data-management-platform-300155073.html. Retrieved 03 November 2015.
- "Flywheel Successfully Ends Private Beta Phase; Opens Platform Availability To Public". Flywheel Exchange, LLC. 15 December 2015. https://flywheel.io/news-and-events/flywheel-successfully-ends-private-beta-phase-opens-platform-availability-to-public. Retrieved 04 August 2016.
- "SciTran – Scientific Data Management". GitHub. https://github.com/scitran/scitran. Retrieved 04 November 2015.
- "Scientific Transparency". Stanford University. https://scitran.github.io/. Retrieved 04 November 2015.
- "For Center Directors". Flywheel Exchange, LLC. https://flywheel.io/center-directors/. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "For Researchers". Flywheel Exchange, LLC. https://flywheel.io/researchers/. Retrieved 26 October 2017.