GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc.
|Headquarters||4464 Markham St., Suite 2302, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
|Products||BaseSpace Clarity LIMS|
GenoLogics Life Sciences Software develops and distributes laboratory informatics software, with a strong focus on the life sciences, especially genomics and proteomics.
GenoLogics was founded in 2002 as a privately-held company in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. One of its first products was Proteus, a laboratory information management system (LIMS) for proteomics; it was beta tested by eight facilities in the fall of 2003 before eventually being released to the market in 2004. In October of that year GenoLogics also released its Omix LIMS for systems biology research, followed by the June 2006 development announcement of its Geneus LIMS for genomics.
In November 2008, GenoLogics announced it would begin a collaboration with Illumina, Inc. to supply its Geneus software for Illumina's hardware sequencing platform, then called Genome Analyzer. A similar collaboration was agreed upon with Applied Biosystems, Inc. the following year.
In July 2011, GenoLogics phased out its Geneus, Omix, and Proteus software in favor of its new GenoLogics LIMS product. A few months before this transition, GenoLogics reaffirmed its collaboration with Illumina, stating that it's new GenoLogics LIMS would be incorporated in Illumina's next series of hardware sequencing platforms. The GenoLogics LIMS was rebranded in October 2012 as Clarity LIMS.
In September 2014, GenoLogics again renewed its collaboration with Illumina, this time announcing its Clarity LIMS would be integrated into Illumina's new HiSeq X Ten hardware sequencing platforms. GenoLogics also announced "Illumina will be using GenoLogics’ LIMS to support its collaboration with Genomics England to sequence 100,000 genomes." In February 2015, GenoLogics announced it would be expanding its operations into California citing "increased demand for informatics among labs conducting translational and clinical genomics."
In an August 2015 press release, Illumina announced it had agreed to acquire GenoLogics, which would become part of the Illumina Enterprise Informatics business. In March or April 2016, GenoLogics changed the name of Clarity LIMS to "BaseSpace Clarity LIMS."
Technology and products
BaseSpace Clarity LIMS
BaseSpace Clarity LIMS is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) for genomics and mass spectrometry laboratories. It comes in several versions: Gold, "built specifically for the needs of clinical or research, genomics and mass spec laboratories," and Silver, "built specifically for the needs of clinical medium-sized to large-sized commercial or core genomics laboratories." Both versions are available for on-premises installation or hosting under the SaaS model.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for Clarity LIMS:
- EPP: GenoLogics Rapid Scripting API
- REST: GenoLogics Rapid Scripting API Next Gen LIMS
- GUI: GenoLogics Rapid Scripting API Next Gen LIMS
- Clarity LIMS: Intuitive Lab Management Software for Regulated & Research Labs
- Clarity LIMS: Sample Queue & QC
- Clarity LIMS: Configuration
- Clarity LIMS: Preconfigured Workflows & Indices Placement
- Clarity LIMS: Data Entry & Workflow Enforcement
- James Hadfield, CIGC, talks about his experiences with Clarity LIMS
- Clarity Run Manager, The cloud-based, easy to use, sample management software for sequencing
- Justin Johnson talks about his experience implementing Clarity LIMS at EdgeBio
- Dr. Warren Kaplan from the Garvan Institute discusses their new HiSeq X Ten powered genome factory
- Otogenetics' Tim Schwartz discusses their Clarity LIMS implementation
- Norwegian Radium Hospital's Clarity LIMS Implementation
- Dr. Sarah Leigh-Brown discusses CRUK Genomics Core's reasoning for choosing Clarity LIMS
- Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute's Clarity LIMS Pilot with Andrew Dearlove
- Implementing Informatics Solutions to Support Genomics, Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
- Clarity LIMS in Medical College of Wisconsin's Clinical Genomics Laboratory
- Sanford Health's Dr. Megan Landsverk - What we were looking for in a LIMS
- Clarity LIMS helps Beck's Hybrids' Genomics Lab Reap what they Sow
- Baby Genes uses Clarity LIMS to help kids start off on the right foot – Full presentation
- "Corporate Backgrounder - GenoLogics Life Sciences Software" (PDF). GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 2012. http://genologics.com/sites/default/files/pdf/genl_7492-corpfactsheet.pdf. Retrieved 09 April 2013.
- "GLS GenoLogics Corporate Profile" (PDF). GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 2002. Archived from the original on 04 October 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20031004070002/http://www.genologics.com/PDFs/GLS%20Corporate%20Profile.pdf. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "Welcome to GenoLogics". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 2003. Archived from the original on 07 October 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20031007091007/http://genologics.com/. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics History". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. https://www.genologics.com/company/about/history. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "Omix Platform". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 2004. Archived from the original on 21 October 2004. https://web.archive.org/web/20041021025112/http://www.genologics.com/products/omixlims/. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics Geneus Introduction - Lab Information and Data Management for Genomics Research". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 26 June 2006. Archived from the original on 14 August 2006. https://web.archive.org/web/20060814022716/http://www.genologics.com/products/geneus/index.php. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "Illumina Selects GenoLogics as Next Generation Sequencing Lab & Data Management Partner". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 12 November 2008. Archived from the original on 06 January 2009. https://web.archive.org/web/20090106200939/http://www.genologics.com/about-us/press-release/illumina-partner. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics Teams with Applied Biosystems on Lab & Data Management Solution for Next Generation Sequencing". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 06 April 2009. https://genologics.com/company/news/genologics-teams-applied-biosystems-lab-data-management-solution-next-generation. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics". May 2011. Archived from the original on 13 May 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110513095055/http://www.genologics.com/. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "Introducing the GenoLogics LIMS". July 2011. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110711085004/http://www.genologics.com/genologics-lims. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics Launches LIMS Pre-Configured for Illumina Next-Gen Sequencing Systems and Sample Prep Kits". May 2011. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110711085620/http://www.genologics.com/news/genologics-launches-lims-pre-configured-illumina-next-gen-sequencing-systems-and-sample-prep. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics Unveils Clarity LIMS for CLIA-Certified Next Generation Sequencing Labs". 09 October 2012. http://www.genologics.com/press-release-oct-08-2012. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "GenoLogics Enters Agreement with Illumina to Provide Laboratory Information System for HiSeq X Ten System". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 04 September 2014. https://www.genologics.com/company/news/genologics-enters-agreement-illumina-provide-laboratory-information-system-hiseq-x-ten. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "GenoLogics Announces Expansion". Business Wire. 24 February 2015. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150224005152/en/GenoLogics-Announces-Expansion. Retrieved 03 April 2015.
- "Illumina Signs Agreement to Acquire GenoLogics, Leader in Genomics Laboratory Information Management System Market". Illumina, Inc. 05 August 2015. https://www.illumina.com/company/news-center/press-releases/press-release-details.html?newsid=2075626. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Clarity LIMS". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. Archived from the original on 23 February 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160223201443/http://www.genologics.com/clarity-lims/. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "BaseSpace Clarity LIMS". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. Archived from the original on 12 April 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160412164615/http://www.genologics.com/clarity-lims/. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "Clarity LIMS Gold". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. http://www.genologics.com/claritylims. Retrieved 09 September 2014.
- "Clarity LIMS Silver". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. http://www.genologics.com/clarity-lims-silver. Retrieved 09 September 2014.
- "Cloud-based LIMS". GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. http://www.genologics.com/features_article/cloud/. Retrieved 05 October 2016.
- "Clarity LIMS: Intuitive Lab Management" (PDF). GenoLogics Life Sciences Software Inc. 2016. https://www.genologics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/brochure-clarity-lims-2016-web.pdf. Retrieved 07 January 2019.