H&A Scientific, Inc.
|Headquarters||105 A Regency Blvd., Greenville, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
H&A Scientific, Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions for pharmaceutical and medical device companies in over 20 countries around the world. H&A also offers services like calibration, validation, training, and custom software development.
H&A Scientific, Inc. was founded in 1992 as a hardware company, making DOS workstations for chromatography equipment. They quickly went on to develop software as well, including an analog-to-digital (A/D) interface today known as ChromWave and PC-based chromatography software called PC/Chrom. In 1997, H&A released their first version of SLIM, a laboratory information management system (LIMS) for stability programs, followed a decade later by IntelliLIMS, a more industry-neutral LIMS.
In 2007, the company introduced IntelliLIMS, a slimmed-down LIMS for sample management. However, the software disappeared from the company's web page sometime in late 2015. The LIMS is presumed to be no longer offered.
Technology and products
SLIM and PC/Chrom
SLIM (Stability Lab Information Manager) is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) designed "to manage your company’s drug stability program with optimal efficiency." The software allows users to design stability study protocols, analyze statistics, and create regulatory-compliant reports.
PC/Chrom is a chromatography data management system (CDMS) packaged with an Ethernet or serial port hardware interface that "interfaces your company’s HPLC, GC, or CE detector with a personal computer or corporate network server." The CDMS is "FDA-regulations and GAMP guideline validated" and complies with 21 CFR Part 11 rules with audit trails and password protection. The software's features include: chromatographic runs separated by folder; automatic peak integration; calculation of unknown sample concentrations; customized response factors; peak calibration; support for chromatographic overlays; and support for capillary electrophoresis (CE) specific calculations.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- "About H&A Scientific, Inc". H&A Scientific, Inc. http://www.hascientific.com/en/about-ha/. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "Services". H&A Scientific, Inc. http://www.hascientific.com/en/services. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "IntelliLIMS". H&A Scientific, Inc. 2015. Archived from the original on 18 July 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150718014452/http://www.hascientific.com/intellilims.php. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "SLIM". H&A Scientific, Inc. http://www.hascientific.com/en/our-products/slim/. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "PC/Chrom - The hardware/software solution for chromatography workstations". H&A Scientific, Inc. http://www.hascientific.com/en/our-products/other-product/pcchrom/. Retrieved 26 January 2016.