H&A Scientific, Inc.
|Headquarters||105 A Regency Blvd., Greenville, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
H&A Scientific, Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions for pharmaceutical and medical device companies in over 30 countries around the world. H&A also offers services like calibration, validation, training, and custom software development.
H&A Scientific, Inc. was founded in 1992 as a hardware company, making DOS workstations for chromatography equipment. They quickly went on to develop software as well, including an analog-to-digital (A/D) interface today known as ChromWave and PC-based chromatography software called PC/Chrom. In 1997, H&A released their first version of SLIM, a laboratory information management system (LIMS) for stability programs, followed a decade later by IntelliLIMS, a more industry-neutral LIMS.
In 2007, the company introduced IntelliLIMS, a slimmed-down LIMS for sample management. However, the software disappeared from the company's web page sometime in late 2015 and was presumed no longer offered.
Technology and products
SLIM, PC/Chrom, SLIMStat, and SLIM Report Generator
SLIM (Stability Lab Information Manager) is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) designed "to manage your company’s drug stability program with optimal efficiency." The software allows users to design stability study protocols, analyze statistics, and create regulatory-compliant reports.
PC/Chrom is a chromatography data management system (CDMS) packaged with an Ethernet or serial port hardware interface that "interfaces your company’s HPLC, GC, or CE detector with a personal computer or corporate network server." The CDMS is "FDA-regulations and GAMP guideline validated" and complies with 21 CFR Part 11 rules with audit trails and password protection. The software's features include: chromatographic runs separated by folder; automatic peak integration; calculation of unknown sample concentrations; customized response factors; peak calibration; support for chromatographic overlays; and support for capillary electrophoresis (CE) specific calculations.
SLIMStat is a software tool designed "to determine the shelf life of drug products that have been placed on stability." It is capable of trend analysis, out-of-trend determination, and back calculation of purity, among other things.
SLIM Report Generator is a multilingual reporting component of the SLIM software suite that "allows users to produce validated, submission-ready stability summary reports." The company states the report generator has over 50 formatting options to best display data.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- Software releases and updates for H&A
- "About H&A Scientific, Inc". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/about-ha/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.
- "Services". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/services/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.
- "IntelliLIMS". H&A Scientific, Inc. 2015. Archived from the original on 18 July 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150718014452/http://www.hascientific.com/intellilims.php. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "SLIM". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/our-products/slim/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.
- "PC/Chrom - The hardware/software solution for chromatography workstations". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/our-products/other-product/pcchrom/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.
- "SLIMStat - Shelf life projection, simplified". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/our-products/slim-stat/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.
- "SLIM Report Generator - Versatile, configurable, simple". H&A Scientific, Inc. https://hascientific.com/our-products/slim-report-generator/. Retrieved 02 October 2021.