|Founder(s)||Clifford and Kathryn Hach|
|Headquarters||5600 Lindbergh Dr., Loveland, Colorado, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
Hach Company manufactures and distributes analytical instruments and reagents. Hach also develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions for the water and wastewater industries.
On April 22, 1999, Hach Company announced that it had entered into a merger agreement with Danaher Corporation to become a subsidiary of Danaher. Danaher's CEO said of the merger that "[w]ith its premier product offering in water quality analytical instrumentation, superior quality and innovation, Hach represents a very attractive strategic fit with Danaher's process/environmental controls business." Hach and its offerings soon became part of Danaher's "Water Quality Platform," which has been around at least since 2000.
In roughly 2018, Hach introduced Claros, a platform-based "Water Intelligence System" focused on better instrument management, data management, and process management for environmental and water quality laboratories. Hach's WIMS, a laboratory information management system (LIMS), was added to that platform. With Danaher's later acquisitions of Aquatic Informatics, Inc. and Sedaru, Inc., their corresponding offerings have become part of the Water Quality Platform, or they provide support for the offerings of that platform.
In August 2022, Hach and Aquatic Informatics announced a partnered data management effort in Rio, a "cloud-based compliance and operations data management solutions for water and wastewater utilities."
On September 14, 2022, Danaher announced its intention to "separate its Environmental & Applied Solutions segment to create an independent, publicly traded company." The company added: "The new company will be comprised of Danaher's Water Quality and Product Identification businesses and will be referred to as 'EAS' until it is named at a later date. The transaction is intended to be tax-free to Danaher shareholders and expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2023." It remains to be seen how this will affect Hach, Aquatic Informatics, and other Danaher subsidiaries.
Technology and products
Rio, WaterTrax, and WIMS
Rio is described as a "compliance and operations data management [system] for water and wastewater professionals." The company states that it allows users to identify cost reduction opportunities, customize operations reporting, organize data sources into a single location, and create a variety of visuals for performance validation.
WaterTrax is described as a "cloud-based data management software platform that helps you streamline regulatory compliance and improve data integrity for water and wastewater system data."
Hach WIMS is a LIMS that "gathers and consolidates data from across your water or wastewater system into one secure location" and facilitates "accurate information and informed decisions." WIMS can be installed locally or hosted via the software as a service (SaaS) model. WIMS is part of the broader Claros Water Intelligence System, a platform that "combines instrument, data, and process management to create integrated solutions tailored to your operation."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following videos related to Hach WIMS exist:
- Hach WIMS v.7.3 - Features & Benefits
- Benefits of Hach Water Information Management Solution (WIMS)
- Manage Complex Calculations with Hach WIMS
- Prepare Reports with Hach WIMS
- Monitor and Improve Performance with Hach WIMS
- Manage Complex Calculations with Hach WIMS
- Hach Company (22 April 1999). "Hach Company Signs Definitive Merger Agreement With Danaher Corporation". Chemical Online. https://www.chemicalonline.com/doc/hach-company-signs-definitive-merger-agreemen-0001. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- n.a. (23 April 1999). "Company News: Shares of Hach Jump 65% on News of Deal with Danaher". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 26 July 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150726034440/https://www.nytimes.com/1999/04/23/business/company-news-shares-of-hach-jump-65-on-news-of-deal-with-danaher.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Danaher Corporation (19 December 2000). "Danaher Corporation Announces Purchase of Zellweger Analytics Water Quality Business". Danaher Investor Relations. https://investors.danaher.com/2000-12-19-Danaher-Corporation-Announces-Purchase-of-Zellweger-Analytics-Water-Quality-Business. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Claros Data Management" (PDF). Hach Corporation. 2018. https://www.hach.com/cms-portals/hach_com/cms/documents/pdf/guides/Claros/Claros-data-management-datasheet.pdf. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Scott, J. (17 July 2020). "Vancouver’s Aquatic Informatics Acquired by Danaher’s Water Quality Platform". Betakit. https://betakit.com/vancouvers-aquatic-informatics-acquired-by-danahers-water-quality-platform/. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Aquatic Informatics Joins Danaher’s Water Quality Platform". Hach Company. 14 July 2020. https://www.hach.com/news/aquatic-informatics-joins-danaher. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Aquatic Informatics, Inc (17 March 2021). "Sedaru Acquired by Aquatic Informatics, Joins Danaher's Water Quality Platform". https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sedaru-acquired-by-aquatic-informatics-joins-danahers-water-quality-platform-301249661.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Claros Data Management Solutions". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros/data-management-overview. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Aquatic Informatics, Inc (23 August 2022). "Aquatic Informatics in Partnership with Hach Launches Rio". PR Newswire. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aquatic-informatics-in-partnership-with-hach-launches-rio-301610290.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Danaher Corporation (14 September 2022). "Danaher Announces Intention to Separate Environmental & Applied Solutions Segment to Create an Independent, Publicly Traded Company". PR Newswire. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/danaher-announces-intention-to-separate-environmental--applied-solutions-segment-to-create-an-independent-publicly-traded-company-301624681.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Rio". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros/data-management-overview#Rio. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "WaterTrax". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros/data-management-overview#watertrax. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "WIMS - Water Information Management System". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros/data-management-overview#wims. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Claros, The Water Intelligence System". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "WIMS". Aquatic Informatics, Inc. https://aquaticinformatics.com/products/water-information-management-solution-wims/. Retrieved 05 October 2022.