|Founder(s)||Clifford and Kathryn Hach|
|Headquarters||5600 Lindbergh Dr., Loveland, Colorado, U.S.|
|Number of locations||2|
Hach Company manufactures and distributes analytical instruments and reagents. Hach also develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions for the water and wastewater industries.
On April 22, 1999, Hach Company announced that it had entered into a merger agreement with Danaher Corporation to become a subsidiary of Danaher. Danaher's CEO said of the merger that "[w]ith its premier product offering in water quality analytical instrumentation, superior quality and innovation, Hach represents a very attractive strategic fit with Danaher's process/environmental controls business." Hach and its offerings soon became part of Danaher's "Water Quality Platform," which has been around at least since 2000.
In roughly 2018, Hach introduced Claros, a platform-based "Water Intelligence System" focused on better instrument management, data management, and process management for environmental and water quality laboratories. Hach's WIMS, a laboratory information management system (LIMS), was added to that platform. With Danaher's later acquisitions of Aquatic Informatics, Inc. and Sedaru, Inc., their corresponding offerings have become part of the Water Quality Platform, or they provide support for the offerings of that platform.
In August 2022, Hach and Aquatic Informatics announced a partnered data management effort in Rio, a "cloud-based compliance and operations data management solutions for water and wastewater utilities."
On September 14, 2022, Danaher announced its intention to "separate its Environmental & Applied Solutions segment to create an independent, publicly traded company." The company added: "The new company will be comprised of Danaher's Water Quality and Product Identification businesses and will be referred to as 'EAS' until it is named at a later date. The transaction is intended to be tax-free to Danaher shareholders and expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2023." It remains to be seen how this will affect Hach, Aquatic Informatics, and other Danaher subsidiaries.
At the end of January 2023, Hach had this to say about the status of its "EAS" segment:
The products within the Hach Data Management Solutions Portfolio, including WIMS (Water Information Management Solution) and Claros Collect, have been centralized at Aquatic Informatics along with their existing product, WaterTrax and the new Rio product, to leverage Aquatic Informatics’ experience as a world-class provider of water data management software and cloud solutions to support our customers in their data management journeys. Hach WIMS will now be known simply as WIMS, while Rio, formerly known as Aquatic Compliance & Operations, is the new software solution that takes the place of Claros Collect when paired with WIMS as a mobile field operations application.
Technology and products
Rio, WaterTrax, and WIMS
For more on these solutions, see Aquatic Informatics, Inc.
- Hach Company (22 April 1999). "Hach Company Signs Definitive Merger Agreement With Danaher Corporation". Chemical Online. https://www.chemicalonline.com/doc/hach-company-signs-definitive-merger-agreemen-0001. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- n.a. (23 April 1999). "Company News: Shares of Hach Jump 65% on News of Deal with Danaher". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 26 July 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150726034440/https://www.nytimes.com/1999/04/23/business/company-news-shares-of-hach-jump-65-on-news-of-deal-with-danaher.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Danaher Corporation (19 December 2000). "Danaher Corporation Announces Purchase of Zellweger Analytics Water Quality Business". Danaher Investor Relations. https://investors.danaher.com/2000-12-19-Danaher-Corporation-Announces-Purchase-of-Zellweger-Analytics-Water-Quality-Business. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Claros Data Management" (PDF). Hach Corporation. 2018. https://www.hach.com/cms-portals/hach_com/cms/documents/pdf/guides/Claros/Claros-data-management-datasheet.pdf. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Scott, J. (17 July 2020). "Vancouver’s Aquatic Informatics Acquired by Danaher’s Water Quality Platform". Betakit. https://betakit.com/vancouvers-aquatic-informatics-acquired-by-danahers-water-quality-platform/. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Aquatic Informatics Joins Danaher’s Water Quality Platform". Hach Company. 14 July 2020. https://www.hach.com/news/aquatic-informatics-joins-danaher. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Aquatic Informatics, Inc (17 March 2021). "Sedaru Acquired by Aquatic Informatics, Joins Danaher's Water Quality Platform". https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sedaru-acquired-by-aquatic-informatics-joins-danahers-water-quality-platform-301249661.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- "Claros Data Management Solutions". Hach Company. https://www.hach.com/claros/data-management-overview. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Aquatic Informatics, Inc (23 August 2022). "Aquatic Informatics in Partnership with Hach Launches Rio". PR Newswire. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aquatic-informatics-in-partnership-with-hach-launches-rio-301610290.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Danaher Corporation (14 September 2022). "Danaher Announces Intention to Separate Environmental & Applied Solutions Segment to Create an Independent, Publicly Traded Company". PR Newswire. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/danaher-announces-intention-to-separate-environmental--applied-solutions-segment-to-create-an-independent-publicly-traded-company-301624681.html. Retrieved 05 October 2022.
- Jelly, A. (30 January 2023). "Facility Data Management with WIMS or Rio". Aquatic Informatics Blog. https://aquaticinformatics.com/blog/wastewater/wims-and-rio-data-management/. Retrieved 21 November 2023.