|Headquarters||Rathausstraße 56, Höhr-Grenzhausen, Germany|
|Number of locations||5|
|Products||CAQ=QSYS LIMS QPM|
IBS AG developed and distributed industrial productivity management software, including LIMS software.
In February 2012, Siemens AG made a second attempt at taking over IBS AG, the first attempt five years before. Siemens announced in April that it had acquired 80.69 percent of IBS shares and therefore reached the 75 percent threshold for the takeover, including IBS subsidiary IBS America. Siemens finalized the acquisition sometime in 2014.
Sometime after late May, Siemens transferred the IBS AG web content to the Siemens website. The former product CAQ=QSYS LIMS QPM doesn't appear to be part of the transition to Siemens and is presumed to no longer be offered.
Technology and products
CAQ=QSYS LIMS QPM
- Kammel, B. (07 February 2012). "Siemens Makes Second Run for Control of IBS in $59 Million Bid". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-07/siemens-makes-second-run-for-control-of-ibs-in-59-million-bid. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "Siemens has access to 80.69 percent of IBS AG shares". Siemens AG. 03 April 2012. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120413172034/http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/2012/corporate/axx20120421.htm. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Philip, J. (10 December 2013). "IBS America: Solutions for Quality Control and Compliance Management Challenges". CIO Review. Archived from the original on 03 November 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151103163147/http://www.cioreview.com/magazine/IBS-America-Solutions-For-Quality-Control-And-Compliance-Management-Challenges-BEPC146406141.html. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Webb, A. (07 October 2014). "Cambridge Startup Success Shows Challenge for Siemens CEO". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-10-07/cambridge-startup-success-shows-challenge-for-siemens-ceo. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "IBS, A Siemens Business". IBS AG. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160527060332/http://www.ibs-ag.de/start/. Retrieved 05 October 2016.
- "CAQ=QSYS LIMS/QPM - The Management System For Laboratories And Analytical Quality Assurance". IBS AG. Archived from the original on 03 October 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141003075832/http://www.ibs-ag.de/en/loesungen/caqqsysr-limsqpm/functional-overview/index.html. Retrieved 04 October 2016.