|Predecessor||ELN Technologies, Inc., Rescentris, Inc.|
|Headquarters||541 Jefferson Ave., Ste. 202, Redwood City, California, United States|
|Area served||United States|
irisnote, Inc. was a short-lived venture that was focused on developing and distributing laboratory informatics software solutions.
irisnote, Inc. and its irisnote ELN originated from Rescentris, Inc. and its ELN (at the time) CERF. On May 9, 2012, Rescentris officially announced the name change of its business to ELN Technologies, Inc., though the company had unofficially been using the name in press releases in April. This change didn't last long, however, as CERF ELN and ELN Technologies began to be absorbed into a new venture, irisnote, in April 2012. On July 9, new CTO Craig Harper announced that ELN Technologies and the CERF software was being incorporated into a new entity irisnote, Inc. and its corresponding irisnote platform.
In October of 2013, Irisnote ceased operations following the unfortunate death of primary owner and advisory board member Leonard Herzenberg, an internationally renowned scientist at Stanford University.
In April 2014, support and development of CERF ELN passed back to its original home town of Columbus, Ohio under the auspices of a new informatics company called Lab-Ally LLC. Lab-Ally has since continued to develop and distribute the CERF ELN.
Technology and products
irisnote was an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) "implemented to meet all of the requirements of an enterprise ELN and scientific content management solution serving the needs of the life sciences and general research community." The software was available in Cloud (SaaS) and Private Cloud (local install) editions as well as an iPad client.
- "CERF Lab Notebook - News and Press Releases". ELN Technologies, Inc. 9 May 2012. Archived from the original on 26 June 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120626105524/http://elntech.com/category/newspr/. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "CERF ELN". Google. 9 May 2012. https://plus.google.com/104294743851662551059/posts. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "CERF ELN for iPad Wins Best in Show at 2012 Bio-IT World Expo". BioPortfolio; PRWeb. 26 April 2012. http://www.bioportfolio.com/news/article/1025302/CERF-ELN-for-iPad-Wins-Best-in-Show-at-2012-Bio-IT.html. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "ELN Technologies Leads iPad Electronic Lab Notebook Apps With CERF Platform". Digital Journal; PRWeb. 17 April 2012. http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/668795. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Press Release: irisnote Announces Successful Conclusion of Beta Test Phase". irisnote, Inc.. 3 April 2012. http://irisnote.com/press/press-release-irisnote-announces-successful-conclusion-of-beta-test-phase/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Harper, Craig (9 July 2012). "irisnote - From the CTO". irisnote, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120722020031/http://irisnote.com/blog/from-the-cto/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "irisnote - Electronic Lab Notebook". irisnote, Inc; ELN Technologies, Inc. Archived from the original on 06 August 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120806162435/http://elntech.com/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Business Search". California Secretary of State. https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 23 December 2016. "Search for entity number C3430174"
- "Irisnote". LinkSV. Link Silicon Valley, LLC. July 2013. Archived from the original on 23 December 2016. https://archive.is/2luYo. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- Conger, K. (31 October 2013). "Leonard Herzenberg, geneticist who developed key cell-sorting technology, dies". Stanford Medicine News Center. http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2013/10/leonard-herzenberg-geneticist-who-developed-key-cell-sorting-technology-dies.html. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "CERF - Electronic Lab Notebook". Lab-Ally LLC. Archived from the original on 02 December 2014. https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20141202053746/http://lab-ally.com/products/cerf-eln. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "irisnote - Products". irisnote, Inc. Archived from the original on 23 March 2013. https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20130323071736/http://irisnote.com/products. Retrieved 23 December 2016.