This page is dedicated to collections and compilations of material originating from this website. As often happens on a wiki, information becomes scattered, and at times it becomes difficult to find content. These compilations of LIMSwiki material have been created to provide more focus to a few selected topics.
The Complete Guide to LIMS & Lab Informatics
Title of publication: The Complete Guide to LIMS & Lab Informatics
Abstract: The various fields of laboratory, health, and other scientific informatics are constantly in flux. Discoveries are made, technology changes, and information gathers. This organized collection of LIMSwiki content tries to provide a thorough and modern overview of these various fields of informatics and the software systems that contribute to them, including the laboratory information management system (LIMS). Also covered are important standards and compliance issues impacting those systems and the jobs of informaticians. It closes with numerous resources concerning laboratory informatics and the developers/vendors most prominent in the field.
PDF (digital) version: Document via DropBox
PediaPress (paper) version: Document via PediaPress
1. About this Guide
- Informatics (academic field)
- Laboratory informatics
- Health informatics
- Public health informatics
- Chemical informatics
- Electronic laboratory notebook
- Laboratory execution system
- Scientific data management system
- Chromatography data management system
- 21 CFR Part 11
- 21 CFR Part 11/Audit guidelines and checklist
- 40 CFR Part 3
- Good Automated Laboratory Practices
- Good Automated Manufacturing Practice
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act/Audit guidelines and checklist
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
- Health Level 7
- ISO 9000
- ISO/IEC 17025
- ISO/TS 16949
- The American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board
- The NELAC Institute
- ChemWare, Inc.
- LabLynx, Inc.
- LABVANTAGE Solutions, Inc.
- LabWare, Inc.
- STARLIMS Corporation
- Thermo Scientific