|Type||Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||247 E. Ninth Ave., Columbus, Ohio, United States|
Lab-Ally, LLC develops and distributes enterprise laboratory informatics software solutions including CERF, RSpace, and eCAT. Lab-Ally also sells a number of other life science products and services, including the sourcing of difficult-to-find materials and samples, 21 CFR Part 11 data management, and recruitment.
Lab-Ally was formed in August 2013 as a sales and marketing partner for a number of small biotech/histopathology companies. The founders were former employees of Rescentris, Inc., the company that originally developed the CERF ELN in the early 2000s. Rescentris (which was also briefly known as ELN Technologies and irisnote, Inc.) ceased operations following the unfortunate death of primary owner and advisory board member Leonard Herzenberg, an internationally renowned scientist at Stanford University.
In April 2014, support and development rights of CERF ELN passed back to Lab-Ally. Some minor maintenance and security releases were provided to existing CERF customers in 2014 and 2015, and a new iPad client called "iCERF" was released in 2016.
In 2013, Lab-Ally formed a strategic partnership with ResearchSpace, the U.K.-based makers of the RSpace ELN and eCAT sample tracking system. Lab-Ally currently serves as the North American operating arm of ResearchSpace, assisting with all aspects of product design, support, distribution, and U.S. invoicing.
Technology and products
RSpace is the successor of the older eCAT ELN product and was designed by the makers of eCAT with input from Lab-Ally. RSpace is intended mainly for large academic, government, and commercial enterprise deployments. RSpace uses any HTML5 capable browser to connect to the server and can be used with any workstation or any modern mobile device. RSpace is highly integrated with other common web tools and is designed to allow users to create links to data already stored in third-party systems like Box, Dropbox, MS OneDrive, Mendeley, GitHub and others. RSpace also includes integration with ORCID and allows export directly to archives like Figshare and Dataverse. A free public cloud version is available for use by academic labs. The RSpace server can be installed anywhere, but customers with limited IT expertise can choose to package RSpace with a private Amazon Web Services host instance managed by ResearchSpace.
For more about RSpace and eCAT, please see Research Innovations Limited.
CERF (Collaborative Electronic Research Framework) is an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) with content management and scientific data management system (SDMS) capabilities, designed mainly for high compliance commercial labs. The system includes the CERF server and dedicated desktop client applications for Mac OS and Windows. The system does not depend on internet access and can be run on a totally secure private LAN. CERF includes semantic metadata tagging and semantic search technologies, in-line data viewing, secure round-trip editing of any file type, versioned document control, true PKI digital signatures, and a dedicated app for the iPad platform called iCERF. CERF can be installed either on-premise or on a cloud server of the user's choice. In January 2017, Lab-Ally released CERF ELN version 5.0. 
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos exist for CERF:
- ↑ "Lab-Ally About Us". Lab-Ally LLC. http://lab-ally.com/about-us/. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ "Corporation Details: Lab-Ally LLC". Business Filing Portal. Ohio Secretary of State. https://www5.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?p=100:7:0::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:2218872. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eaton, D. (15 May 2006). "With Silicon Valley cash, Rescentris hopes to organize science lab notes". Columbus Business First. American City Business Journals. Archived from the original on 23 December 2016. https://archive.is/ejaml. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ "Business Search". California Secretary of State. https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 23 December 2016. "Search for entity number C3430174"
- ↑ "Irisnote". LinkSV. Link Silicon Valley, LLC. July 2013. Archived from the original on 23 December 2016. https://archive.is/2luYo. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ Conger, K. (31 October 2013). "Leonard Herzenberg, geneticist who developed key cell-sorting technology, dies". Stanford Medicine News Center. http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2013/10/leonard-herzenberg-geneticist-who-developed-key-cell-sorting-technology-dies.html. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ "CERF - Electronic Lab Notebook". Lab-Ally LLC. Archived from the original on 02 December 2014. https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20141202053746/http://lab-ally.com/products/cerf-eln. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ Deck, M. (6 April 2015). "CERF Update 188.8.131.52 Released". Lab-Ally LLC. http://cerf-notebook.com/news/cerf-update-4-5-0-27-released/. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- ↑ "iCERF iPad Client". Lab-Ally LLC. http://cerf-notebook.com/solutions/ipad-client/. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- ↑ "Research Space". Lab-Ally, LLC. http://lab-ally.com/partners/researchspace/. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ "RSpace ELN". Lab-Ally LLC. http://lab-ally.com/products/rspace-eln/. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- ↑ 12.00 12.01 12.02 12.03 12.04 12.05 12.06 12.07 12.08 12.09 12.10 12.11 12.12 12.13 "CERF ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook) and Document Management / Content Management Solution". Lab-Ally LLC. https://lab-ally.com/products/cerf-eln/. Retrieved 15 October 2021.
- ↑ "Lab-Ally Announces Release of CERF ELN Version 5.0". PRWeb. http://www.prweb.com/releases/lab-ally/ELN/prweb14001775.htm. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- ↑ 14.00 14.01 14.02 14.03 14.04 14.05 14.06 14.07 14.08 14.09 14.10 14.11 14.12 14.13 14.14 14.15 14.16 14.17 14.18 14.19 14.20 "What is CERF?". Lab-Ally LLC. https://cerf-notebook.com/solutions/what-is-cerf/. Retrieved 15 October 2021.