Three Mill Road|
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
|Number of locations||24|
LabWare, Inc. develops and distributes enterprise laboratory informatics software solutions.
LabWare was founded in 1987 by mechanical engineer and entrepreneur Vance Kershner, who "targeted the laboratory automation space as something [he] could contribute to because it was not very effective at the time."
On March 8, 2015, the company announced version 7.0 of its LabWare LIMS and ELN, featuring performance enhancement, functionality improvements, a new user interface, and improved mobile support.
Sometime in the spring or summer of 2020, LabWare introduced LabWare GROW, a modified version of LabWare LIMS for cannabis testing labs. This seems to have occurred shortly after introducing it's cloud-based LabWare LIMS solution in early 2020.
LabWare LIMS won a Frost & Sullivan Product Quality Leadership Award in 2004, and the company won Frost and Sullivan's "2008 European Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) Company of the Year Award."
Technology and products
LabWare ELN, LabWare LIMS, and LabWare GROW
LabWare ELN is an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) "designed to give laboratory scientists the ultimate platform to electronically document their experiments, including relevant scientific content and observations, instrument results, and attachments such as spectra, chromatograms and, if appropriate, chemical structures."
LabWare LIMS is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) which includes "browser-based deployment, external-facing web portals, and fully configurable web services." The software consists of the core LIMS application with access to LabWare's library of LIMS software modules. The software also includes clinical, LIS-like functionality.
LabWare GROW is a modified version of LabWare LIMS but designed for cannabis testing. The platform is advertised to help "cannabis-based product manufacturers and CBD/THC testing laboratories streamline production quality control and product research activities." Features that help these labs include interfacing with third-party platforms and software solutions (e.g., seed-to-sale, ERP), industry-tailored test workflows, integration with analytical instruments, an analytical documentation library, and support for ISO/IEC 17025, including document management, training management, and corrective action management. The LIMS is cloud-based and appears to be one of the first cloud-based offerings offered by LabWare.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Source for pricing information is GSA Advantage. As prices may change at any time, always contact the vendor directly to obtain a price list or quote.
Note: These are U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) prices, and as such they represent the lowest possible negotiated price. These prices aren't available to any entity outside of the Federal Government, and thus prices for non-government entities will be higher. If anything, they represent the lowest possible negotiated price.
See the price list for all GSA pricing options: LabWare's GSA price list
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for LabWare LIMS:
Current help guides
Legacy help guides
- LabWare LIMS V5 technical manual
- LabWare LIMS Stability Study Manager v7 (LabWare v5) technical manual
- LabWare LIMS LabStation Instrument Integration v1 technical manual
- Natoli, Cori Anne (13 January 2013). "Centreville's LabWare now global leader in software for laboratory work". Delaware Online. Gannett. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130116215918/http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130114/BUSINESS08/301140019/Centreville-s-LabWare-now-global-leader-software-laboratory-work. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LabWare Announces LabWare 7". LabWare, Inc. 08 March 2015. http://www.labware.com/en/p/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/LabWare-Announces-LabWare-7. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "SaaS LIMS for CBD/THC Testing". LabWare, Inc. Archived from the original on 03 August 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20200803180222/https://www.labware.cloud/grow. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "LabWare LIMS v. LabWare SaaS LIMS - What's the Difference?". LabWare, Inc. 24 March 2020. https://www.labware.cloud/blog/lims-v-saas-lims-difference. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- Johnson, Celia (24 July 2007). "LabWare wins award". Food Magazine. Cirrus Media. http://www.foodmag.com.au/news/labware-wins-award. Retrieved 25 february 2015.
- "LabWare wins Gold Lims award for ninth time". Laboratorytalk. Synthesis Media. 07 August 2008. http://www.laboratorytalk.com/lab-it/software/laboratory-information-management-system-lims/labware-wins-gold-lims-award-for-ninth-time/312610.article. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Frost & Sullivan Identifies LabWare's Product Quality Leadership in LIMS". Frost & Sullivan. 29 March 2004. http://www.frost.com/sublib/display-press-release.do?searchQuery=labware&ctxixpLink=FcmCtx1&ctxixpLabel=FcmCtx2&id=11478485&bdata=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mcm9zdC5jb20vc3JjaC9jYXRhbG9nLXNlYXJjaC5kbz9jb250ZW50VHlwZXM9Q1gwNSZxdWVyeVRleHQ9bGFid2FyZUB%2BQFNlYXJjaCBSZXN1bHRzQH5AMTM4MDEyNDc1MDY1NQ%3D%3D. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LabWare LIMS Wins Prestigious Award From Frost and Sullivan". Labmate Online. 11 May 2009. http://www.labmate-online.com/news/laboratory-products/3/labware_lims/labware_lims_wins_prestigious_award_from_frost_and_sullivan/5001/#sthash.zxBeNj1E.dpuf. Retrieved 25 february 2015.
- "LabWare ELN". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/en/p/Products/ELN-%28Electronic-Laboratory-Notebook%29. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- "LabWare’s Enterprise Laboratory Platform". LabWare, Inc. http://www.labware.com/en/p/Products/LIMS-%28Laboratory-Information-Management-System%29. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- "Healthcare". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/en/p/Industries/Healthcare. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- "SaaS LIMS for CBD/THC Testing". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.cloud/grow. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Cannabis & Hemp". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/en/p/Customers/Cannabis-and-Hemp. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Summary of Core Product Features". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/en/p/Products/Summary-of-Core-Product-Features. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- "LabWare LIMS V6 Technical Manual". LabWare, Inc. 2009. https://limshelp.labware.com/limsv6/V6Help_Main.htm. Retrieved 28 October 2020.