|Headquarters||Three Mill Road, Suite 102, Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.|
|Number of locations||40+|
LabWare, Inc. develops and distributes enterprise laboratory informatics software solutions.
LabWare was founded in 1987 by mechanical engineer and entrepreneur Vance Kershner, who "targeted the laboratory automation space as something [he] could contribute to because it was not very effective at the time."
On March 8, 2015, the company announced version 7.0 of its LabWare LIMS and ELN, featuring performance enhancement, functionality improvements, a new user interface, and improved mobile support.
Sometime in the spring or summer of 2020, LabWare introduced LabWare GROW, a modified version of LabWare LIMS for cannabis testing labs. This seems to have occurred shortly after introducing it's cloud-based LabWare LIMS solution in early 2020.
LabWare LIMS won a Frost & Sullivan Product Quality Leadership Award in 2004, and the company won Frost and Sullivan's "2008 European Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) Company of the Year Award."
Technology and products
LabWare ELN, LabWare LIMS, and LabWare GROW
LabWare ELN is an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) "designed to give laboratory scientists the ultimate platform to electronically document their experiments, including relevant scientific content and observations, instrument results, and attachments such as spectra, chromatograms and, if appropriate, chemical structures."
LabWare LIMS is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) that is "configurable or pre-configured for laboratories of all types and sizes." The software consists of the core LIMS application with access to LabWare's library of LIMS software modules. The software also includes clinical, LIS-like functionality.
LabWare GROW is a modified version of LabWare LIMS but designed for cannabis testing. The platform is advertised to help "cannabis and hemp product manufacturers, providers, and testing laboratories." Features that help these labs include interfacing with third-party platforms and software solutions (e.g., seed-to-sale, ERP), industry-tailored test workflows, integration with analytical instruments, an analytical documentation library, and support for ISO/IEC 17025, including document management, training management, and corrective action management. The LIMS is cloud-based and appears to be one of the first cloud-based offerings offered by LabWare.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Source for pricing information is GSA Advantage. As prices may change at any time, always contact the vendor directly to obtain a price list or quote.
Note: These are U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) prices, and as such they represent the lowest possible negotiated price. These prices aren't available to any entity outside of the Federal Government, and thus prices for non-government entities will be higher. If anything, they represent the lowest possible negotiated price.
See the price list for all GSA pricing options: LabWare's GSA price list
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for LabWare LIMS:
- LabWare 8
- LabWare SaaS LIMS Testimonials
- LabWare QA/QC Intro Video
- LabWare GROW Intro Video
- LabWare MOBILE Overview
- Natoli, Cori Anne (13 January 2013). "Centreville's LabWare now global leader in software for laboratory work". Delaware Online. Gannett. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130116215918/http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130114/BUSINESS08/301140019/Centreville-s-LabWare-now-global-leader-software-laboratory-work. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LabWare Announces LabWare 7". LabWare, Inc. 8 March 2015. http://www.labware.com/en/p/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/LabWare-Announces-LabWare-7. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "SaaS LIMS for CBD/THC Testing". LabWare, Inc. Archived from the original on 03 August 2020. https://web.archive.org/web/20200803180222/https://www.labware.cloud/grow. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "LabWare LIMS v. LabWare SaaS LIMS - What's the Difference?". LabWare, Inc. 24 March 2020. https://www.labware.cloud/blog/lims-v-saas-lims-difference. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- Johnson, Celia (24 July 2007). "LabWare wins award". Food Magazine. Cirrus Media. http://www.foodmag.com.au/news/labware-wins-award. Retrieved 25 february 2015.
- "LabWare wins Gold Lims award for ninth time". Laboratorytalk. Synthesis Media. 7 August 2008. http://www.laboratorytalk.com/lab-it/software/laboratory-information-management-system-lims/labware-wins-gold-lims-award-for-ninth-time/312610.article. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Frost & Sullivan Identifies LabWare's Product Quality Leadership in LIMS". Frost & Sullivan. 29 March 2004. http://www.frost.com/sublib/display-press-release.do?searchQuery=labware&ctxixpLink=FcmCtx1&ctxixpLabel=FcmCtx2&id=11478485&bdata=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mcm9zdC5jb20vc3JjaC9jYXRhbG9nLXNlYXJjaC5kbz9jb250ZW50VHlwZXM9Q1gwNSZxdWVyeVRleHQ9bGFid2FyZUB%2BQFNlYXJjaCBSZXN1bHRzQH5AMTM4MDEyNDc1MDY1NQ%3D%3D. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LabWare LIMS Wins Prestigious Award From Frost and Sullivan". Labmate Online. 11 May 2009. http://www.labmate-online.com/news/laboratory-products/3/labware_lims/labware_lims_wins_prestigious_award_from_frost_and_sullivan/5001/#sthash.zxBeNj1E.dpuf. Retrieved 25 february 2015.
- "LabWare ELN". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/lims/electronic-lab-notebook. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "Cloud-Hosted LIMS Solutions". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/lims/cloud-hosted. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "Healthcare". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/industries/healthcare. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "SaaS LIMS for CBD/THC Testing". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/lims/saas/grow. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "Laboratory Software for CBD/THC Laboratories". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/industries/cbd-thc. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "Laboratory Information Management Systems for Enterprises Large & Small". LabWare, Inc. https://www.labware.com/lims. Retrieved 03 October 2021.
- "LabWare 8" (PDF). LabWare, Inc. https://f.hubspotusercontent00.net/hubfs/6898059/_LabWare.com/Resources/Brochures/LabWare_8_Brochure.pdf. Retrieved 03 October 2021.