|Type||Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung|
|Headquarters||Schönhauser Allee 6/7, Berlin, Germany|
labfolder GmbH develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
On July 1, 2012, start-up company labfolder GmbH made its first blog post, announcing its intentions. Led by biologists Simon Bungers and Florian Hauer as well as programmer Mathias Schäffner, the start-up aimed to address "the limits of paper-based laboratory notebooks such as loose data collections, scattered notes and limited search facilities at the lab bench" and "create a digital lab notebook that can be used as laboratory management software and collaboration platform for laboratory research." The trio released an alpha version of its labfolder software for testing on October 3, followed by a beta version on February 20, 2013. The product moved out of beta testing in May 2014 and was offered as a free basic package.
In April 2013, labfolder received an award for being one of the top 10 best concepts at start2grow Competition 2013.
Technology and products
labfolder is a cloud-based electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) that "allows scientists to document and organize their research, plan their experiments and collaborate with others digitally." The product is available in a free basic edition for up to three users, an extended team version for larger research groups, and an unlimited server version for the most demanding of uses.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
labfolder pricing is as follows:
labfolder is free to individual researchers and research groups up to three in number, with up to 3GB of storage.
Academia: starting from €15 per user per month, minimum four users up to 25
Enterprise: starting from €45 per user per month, from 25 users and up
Service billed annually.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for Electronic Notebook for labfolder:
- labfolder - labfolder Trailer
- labfolder - New Feature: Mendeley App
- labfolder - labfolder in 100 Seconds
- labfolder - Lay out your entries
- labfolder - Image Annotation
- labfolder - Templates and Protocol Reuse
- labfolder - Sketch Tool
- labfolder - Title 21 CFR Part 11 Digital Signatures
- labfolder - Organize Your Research
- labfolder - Comments
- labfolder - Groups
- labfolder - Importing of word processing and spreadsheet data
- labfolder - Create entries
- labfolder - Messages
- labfolder - Document integrity
- labfolder - Full audit trail
- labfolder - PDF export
- labfolder - Getting started
- labfolder - Search
- labfolder - GLP
- labfolder - Clone entries
- Havemann, Johanna (01 July 2012). "Another startup called labfolder". labfolder Blog. labfolder GmbH. https://blog.labfolder.com/labfolder-startup/#more-13. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Bungers, Simon (03 October 2012). "alpha-release of the electronic lab notebook". labfolder Blog. labfolder GmbH. https://blog.labfolder.com/alpha-release-of-lab-notebook/. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Bungers, Simon (20 February 2013). "labfolder proudly presents: The beta version of our digital labbook!". labfolder Blog. labfolder GmbH. https://blog.labfolder.com/beta-release-of-digital-labbook-labfolder/. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Hauer, Florian (08 May 2014). "Beta testing and new features". labfolder Blog. labfolder GmbH. https://blog.labfolder.com/beta-testing/. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "labfolder - FAQ". labfolder GmbH. https://www.labfolder.com/faq. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "labfolder - Editions and Pricing". labfolder GmbH. https://www.labfolder.com/pricing. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "labfolder". labfolder GmbH. https://www.labfolder.com/. Retrieved 16 May 2014.