|Industry||bioinformatics, laboratory informatics|
|Founder(s)||Yonggan Wu (CEO)|
|Headquarters||611 Gateway Blvd., Suite 120, South San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Number of locations||1|
|Key people||Yonggan Wu (CEO)|
Labii, Inc. is an American software company headquartered in San Francisco, California that develops and distributes laboratory informatics software.
Labii, LLC was formally founded in October 2014 by Yonggan Wu from Stanford University. On September 21, 2015, the company announced its Labii ELN was going into open beta testing.
In November 2015, Labii LLC incorporated as Labii, Inc., a C-Corporation, with founders Yonggan Wu and Corbin Chase from the University of California, San Diego. On March 1, 2016, the company announced the Labii suite platform was fully released and available for purchase. A version 2.0 was released in April 2017, based on feedback from "hundreds of researchers/managers from academic labs and industrial companies."
Technology and products
Labii ELN & LIMS
Labii ELN & LIMS is a customizable, cross-disciplinary combination electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) plus laboratory information management system (LIMS). Vendor features include:
- applied natural language processing technology for data extraction
- data interpretation tools with customized bioinformatics pipelines
- built-in interactive functions for biological experiments
- permission control at both the project and organization levels
Sometime in 2019, the company removed its page extensively detailing features. An archived version of that page is used to cite the features in the table below.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Per the company website, pricing is as follows:
- Pay per use: No subscription with unlimited users, as little as $0.10 a record, with fee for premium widget use, record storage, and file storage.
- Subscription: A basic Free version is free for one user, with a limit of one project and one record per day. The Professional version ranges from $479 per active user, per year (1 to 50 users) down to $192 per active user, per year (500+ users). The Enterprise version ranges from $959 per active user, per year (1 to 50 users) down to $192 per active user, per year (1000+ users). See the pricing page for more details.
The company also offers a 50% discount for academic use of the subscription system.
Demonstration videos and other media
The company has demonstration videos for its products on its YouTube channel.
- ↑ "Business Search". California Secretary of State. http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 05 March 2016. "Search for Labii or entity number 201430710283"
- ↑ "Labii’s electronic lab notebook (ELN) is now in beta testing". Labii, Inc. 21 September 2015. https://labiiblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/21/labiis-electronic-lab-notebook-eln-is-now-in-beta-testing/. Retrieved 03 November 2015.
- ↑ "Business Search". California Secretary of State. http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 05 March 2016. "Search for Labii or entity number C3844445"
- ↑ "The Big Upgrade". Labii, Inc. 1 March 2016. https://labiiblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/the-big-upgrade/. Retrieved 05 March 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Labii ELN 2.0 is released". Labii, Inc. 20 April 2017. https://labiiblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/labii-eln-2-0-is-released/. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21 6.22 6.23 6.24 6.25 6.26 6.27 6.28 6.29 "Electronic Lab Notebook". Labii, Inc. Archived from the original on 24 August 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180824203657/https://www.labii.com/features/. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- ↑ "Pricing". Labii, Inc. https://www.labii.com/pricing/. Retrieved 10 October 2019.