Labworks, LLC develops and distributes laboratory informatics software, including the Labworks laboratory information management system (LIMS).
LABWORKS LIMS was acquired from PerkinElmer by Labworks, LLC (Labworks) in March 2016 by former employees of PerkinElmer Inc. in order to better support the 400+ customer base and to continue/increase investment in the LABWORKS LIMS product line. "The Labworks employees were tired of seeing a lack of focus and investment in the Labworks product," the company stated, "so they partnered with experienced industry executives along with private investors and made the case to PKI that the Labworks product and customers deserved better." With the acquisition of Labworks in May 2016, the new company stated it would be releasing a version 6.6 of the software later in the summer , with a focus "on migrating functionality from the local client to web based functions and eventually to an 'as-a-Service' model." Versions 6.7 was released in May 2017, and 6.8 is expected in the first quarter of 2018.
Technology and products
Labworks is a LIMS that "provides all of the functionality and tools needed to manage and automate the full sample/analyses processes from end-to-end." The software was originally developed by PerkinElmer.
|| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
A vendor's product may receive more confirmed features with the addition of more public information to the vendor's site and/or by providing a URL to a page or document that can act as a citation for the existence of the feature. Prospective buyers are highly recommended to contact the vendor directly to verify features as this list isn't authoritative, and product upgrades and changes happen rapidly in some cases.
- the vendor chose to not put relevant feature information online despite its existence in the product.
- the vendor chooses to make the feature information available only to those who create an account or call/e-mail.
- the feature information exists online to the public, but a URL could not be found to cite the existence of the feature.
- the feature does not exist for the product.
| Product: LABWORKS
|Sample, inventory, and data management|
|Sample login and management?||Y|
|Sample and/or result batching?|
|Task and event scheduling?||Y|
|Option for manual result entry?||Y|
|Multiple data viewing methods?||Y|
|Data and trend analysis?||Y|
|Data and equipment sharing?|
|Customizable fields and/or interface?|
|Internal file or data linking?|
|External file or data linking?|
|ELN support or integration?|
|Export data to MS Excel?||Y|
|Raw data management?|
|Project and/or task management?||Y|
|Document creation and/or management?|
|Customer and supplier management?||Y|
|Quality, security, and compliance|
|QA / QC functions?||Y|
|Chain of custody?|
|Configurable roles and security?|
|Automatic data backup?|
|Reporting, barcoding, and printing|
|Export to PDF?|
|Export to MS Word?|
|Export to HTML and/or XML?|
|Instrument interfacing and management?||Y|
|Mobile device integration?||Y|
|Alarms and/or alerts?||Y|
|Work-related time tracking?|
|Voice recognition system?|
|Web client or portal?||Y|
|Online or integrated help?|
|Software as a service delivery model?||Y|
|agriculture, environmental, food and beverage, geology and mining, manufacturing and R&D, petrochemical, power and utility|
Demonstration videos and other media
- ↑ "Labworks 2.0 – Expect Excellence". Labworks, LLC. Archived from the original on 02 June 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160602181306/http://labworks.com/company/. Retrieved 02 June 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "LABWORKS LIMS Acquired from PerkinElmer by Labworks LLC – Future Never Looked Brighter". BusinessWire. Business Wire, Inc. 11 May 2016. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160511005343/en/LABWORKS-LIMS-Acquired-PerkinElmer-Labworks-LLC-%E2%80%93. Retrieved 02 June 2016.
- ↑ "About Our Company". Labworks, LLC. https://labworks.com/company/. Retrieved 09 January 2017.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 4.18 4.19 4.20 4.21 4.22 4.23 4.24 4.25 4.26 "The Labworks Difference". Labworks, LLC. https://labworks.com/lims-software/. Retrieved 28 October 2020.