|Headquarters||Sluisweg 2 bus 5, Gent, Belgium|
|Number of locations||4|
|Parent||CliniSys Group Limited|
In February 2011, MIPS acquired the property of Gespower SA — including its LIS GesLab — after it went bankrupt. The company planned to assist abandoned GesLab users and help them transition to GLIMS, MIPS' LIS offering.
In February 2015, MIPS acquired MCS-LDS, the Germany-based laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG, know for their products Vianova Labor and PROMED Open/X-PROMED.
On October 26, 2015, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. announced that its parent company Roper Technologies had acquired both CliniSys Group Limited and Atlas Medical. The press release noted, however, that "[c]ompletion of the CliniSys acquisition is dependent upon receiving approval from the competition authorities in Germany and the United Kingdom," and that "[c]ollaboration between Sunquest and CliniSys will not begin until formal approval is received."
Technology and products
GLIMS is a LIMS-like laboratory information system (LIS) that acts as an "automation system for order-entry, instrument communication, results processing and validation, quality control, results communication, reconciliation and invoicing, payment follow-up and statistics." The company claims GLIMS "is used by over 15,000 people across 17 countries in 10 different languages."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
- "About MIPS". MIPS NV. 2000. Archived from the original on 25 May 2000. https://web.archive.org/web/20000609104950/http://www.mips.be/. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "CliniSys acquires European LIMS leader". DigitalHealth.net. Digital Health Intelligence Limited. 18 July 2005. http://www.digitalhealth.net/news/21296/. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "CliniSys acquires MIPS, a leading European pathology software supplier". Pathology in Practice. Step Communications Ltd. July 2005. http://www.pathologyinpractice.com/Print.aspx?Story=139. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "MIPS strengthens presence in Germany with acquisition of MCS-LDS, laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG". MIPS NV. 25 February 2015. http://www.mips.be/de/en/news-and-events/news/2015/mips-strengthens-presence-in-germany-with-acquisition-of-mcs-lds,-laboratory-information-systems-business-unit-of-mcs-ag/. Retrieved 04 August 2015.
- "Sunquest Announces Roper Technologies' Acquisition of CliniSys and Atlas Medical". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 26 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunquest-announces-roper-technologies-acquisition-of-clinisys-and-atlas-medical-300165958.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Manning, Margie (26 October 2015). "The Sarasota tech powerhouse that just keeps growing". Tampa Bay Business Journal. American City Business Journals. http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/10/26/the-sarasota-tech-powerhouse-that-just-keeps.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Montagu Private Equity announces the sale of CliniSys to Roper Technologies". Montagu Private Equity LLP. 07 January 2016. http://www.montagu.com/news/2016/montagu-private-equity-announces-the-sale-of-clinisys-to-roper-technologies/. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". CliniSys. 26 January 2016. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/international/news-and-events/news/2016/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "GLIMS: The most widely-used laboratory information system in Europe". MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/be/en/solutions/clinical-laboratory-solutions/. Retrieved 07 May 2013.
- "GLIMS: Connecting Laboratory Information Management to the Future" (PDF). MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/58752/glims_en_final_brochure.pdf. Retrieved 03 august 2015.