Mountain States Consulting, LLC
|Type||Limited Liability Company|
|Headquarters||970 West Broadway #471, Jackson, Wyoming, U.S.|
Mountain States Consulting, LLC provides consulting services for laboratory informatics software solutions.
Mountain States Consulting (MSC) began as a technology consulting firm in 1986. During the summer of 1994 the company was confronted by the data management problems of a local government laboratory. After sorting through several options MSC decided to tackle the problem directly and create a custom data management solution, installing it in April 1995. That laboratory information management system (LIMS) went on to become MSC-LIMS.
In July 2022, J Street Technology, Inc. purchased the laboratory information management system MSC-LIMS from Mountain States Consulting.  According to J Street, "The owner of MSC, Rick Collard, is partnering with J Street to provide software support, help us understand the system, and maintain some communication with existing customers" (source: personal correspondence).
- "About MSC". Mountain States Consulting, LLC. http://www.msc-lims.com/lims/msc.html. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Collard, Rick (December 1996). "A Small Lab Develops A Laboratory Information Management System". VertMarkets, Inc. http://www.wateronline.com/doc.mvc/A-Small-Lab-Develops-A-Laboratory-Information-0001. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Stein, A.. "Look What We Bought!". J Street Technology, Inc. https://jstreettech.com/look-what-we-bought/. Retrieved 20 October 2022.
- "Contact Us". Mountain States Consulting, LLC. 10 August 2022. Archived from the original on 06 October 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20221006164645/https://www.msc-lims.com/lims/contact.html. Retrieved 20 October 2022.
- "J Street LIMS - An Overview". J Street Technology, Inc. https://jstreetlims.com/overview/. Retrieved 20 October 2022.
- "MSC-LIMS Overview". Mountain States Consulting, LLC. Archived from the original on 04 August 2021. https://web.archive.org/web/20210804064038/http://www.msc-lims.com/lims/overview.html. Retrieved 20 October 2022.