Pathology Data Systems Ltd.
|Number of locations
Pathology Data Systems Ltd. (PDS) develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions for businesses working in preclinical science.
On March 21, 2014, PDS announced it would be rebranding its PathData, ReproData, and ToxData products as an integrated modular software suite called Ascentos. However, it's not clear if the modules function as stand-alone software like their predecessors or as dependent modules of the Ascentos platform.
Technology and products
Ascentos is a LIS-like software suite (marketed as a pre-clinical LIMS) "built to make laboratory information management as efficient as possible, so you can report information that drives insightful decisions." The suite has specialized modules for toxicology, toxicokinetics, developmental and reproductive science, pathology, and clinical pathology. Those modules are based off of PDS' previous offerings PathData, ReproData, and ToxData. Each module has a specialized set of features.
|| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
A vendor's product may receive more confirmed features with the addition of more public information to the vendor's site and/or by providing a URL to a page or document that can act as a citation for the existence of the feature. Prospective buyers are highly recommended to contact the vendor directly to verify features as this list isn't authoritative, and product upgrades and changes happen rapidly in some cases.
- the vendor chose to not put relevant feature information online despite its existence in the product.
- the vendor chooses to make the feature information available only to those who create an account or call/e-mail.
- the feature information exists online to the public, but a URL could not be found to cite the existence of the feature.
- the feature does not exist for the product.
| Product: Ascentos
|Experiment, patient, and data management|
|Sample login and management?||Y|
|Sample and/or result batching?|
|Task and event scheduling?|
|Option for manual result entry?||Y|
|Multiple data viewing methods?|
|Configurable templates and forms?||Y|
|Data and trend analysis?||Y|
|Data and equipment sharing?|
|Customizable fields and/or interface?||Y|
|Internal file or data linking?|
|External file or data linking?|
|ELN support or integration?|
|Export data to MS Excel?|
|Raw data management?|
|Project and/or task management?|
|Test, experiment, and/or trial management?||Y|
|Document and/or image management?||Y|
|Patient and case management?|
|Customer and physician management?|
|Billing and revenue management?|
|Quality, security, and compliance|
|QA / QC functions?||Y|
|Chain of custody?|
|Configurable roles and security?|
|Automatic data backup?|
|Reporting, barcoding, and printing|
|Barcode and/or RFID support?||Y|
|Export to PDF?|
|Export to MS Word?|
|Export to HTML and/or XML?|
|Instrument interfacing and management?||Y|
|Mobile device integration?|
|Third-party software integration?||Y|
|Alarms and/or alerts?|
|Work-related time tracking?|
|Voice recognition system?|
|Web client or portal?|
|Online or integrated help?||Y|
|Software as a service delivery model?||Y|
|chemical, clinical research, contract services, pharmaceutical, public health and service, toxicology|
- ↑ "Products - The PDS Product Suite". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. Archived from the original on 19 November 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131119160957/http://pds-europe.com/products. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ "PDS Set to Launch New Products and Branding at Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. http://www.pdslifesciences.com/march212014.aspx. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "PDS - Home". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. Archived from the original on 10 September 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140910190827/http://www.pdslifesciences.com/default.aspx. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 "Ascentos Preclinical Software". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. http://www.pdslifesciences.com/ascentos-preclinical-software.aspx. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 "Ascentos - Clinical Pathology". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. http://www.pdslifesciences.com/clinical-pathology.aspx. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "Ascentos - Pathology". Pathology Data Systems Ltd. http://www.pdslifesciences.com/pathology.aspx. Retrieved 10 September 2014.