321 Ballenger Center Dr.|
Frederick, Maryland, U.S.
RURO Inc. develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
In late August 2017, Ruro announced that its FreezerPro sample management solution was acquired by Brooks Automation, Inc., which also acquired distribution rights to Ruro's BiobankPro. Ruro indicated on its website that its "customers will continue to receive RURO’s outstanding Support services through their existing Support Contracts. New FreezerPro customers will continue to find information about FreezerPro on RURO’s website until the transition" is complete, roughly to the end of 2017.
In 2018, additional changes came to the Ruro website. The page for its ezColony laboratory data management software disappeared. The software is presumably discontinued. Additionally, the page to its Sciency electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) disappeared in mid-2018 and eventually began redirecting to Brooks Automation's page for BiobankPro. It is not clear if Brooks also purchased Sciency or if Ruro simply discontinued Sciency and began referring users to the Brooks-distributed BiobankPro, which includes a built-in ELN module. Sometime in 2018 or 2019, the company removed its LIMS 24-7 solution as well, and it's presumably discontinued.
BiobankPro was "a biorepository management system that provides dynamic specimen tracking, freezer, study and workflow management in the cloud or on premises." The company stated that whereas "LimitLIS is tailored towards CLIA commercial testing labs and focuses on testing of patient samples ... BiobankPro focuses on clinical trial sample management and next-gen biobanking." A license to distribute and sell the software was acquired by Brooks Automation in 2017, though presumably RURO still develops it given the press release language. However, RURO no longer lists BiobankPro on its website as of May 2019.
ezColony was a laboratory data management software designed for "automating the management of transgenic animal colonies for scientific and medical research as well as their facilities on nearly any scale." The product was removed from the Ruro website sometime in 2018.
LIMS 24/7 was a laboratory information management system (LIMS) that assists in "lessening demands on staff, ensuring the accuracy of results or other entered content, and providing the 'big picture' to management in real-time."
Sciency was an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) that acted as a scalable, integrated research environment for managing and sharing data within a robust framework that protects valuable intellectual property, streamlines laboratory processes and supports 21 CFR Part 11 compliance." The software came in a Standard and Enterprise edition. Enterprise edition-only features included data encryption, the ability to set up user groups, automated backups, and "gold support."
Technology and products
LimitLIS and Limfinity Platform
LimitLIS is a web- and cloud-based laboratory information system (LIS) "that provides access to sample information from anywhere in the world." The software is part of the Limfinity informatics platform and was released in June 2016.
The Limfinity platform "provides the foundation for secure and compliant life science applications so you can get up and running within days, not months." It includes modules for patient consent management (CS), machine learning (ML), next-generation sequencing (NGS), RFID, research study management (SM), and translational science (TSI).
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for RURO products:
- LimitLIS Overview
- LimitLIS Webinar
- LimitLIS TSI Overview
- LimitLIS Alerts
- LimitLIS Barcode Label Design
- LimitLIS Audit Trails
- LimitLIS Barcode Printing
- LimitLIS Billing Provider Integration
- LimitLIS Custom Report Formatting
- LimitLIS EHR Integration
- LimitLIS Instrument Integration
- LimitLIS Laboratory Dashboard
- LimitLIS Live Search
- LimitLIS Microbiology Add-On
- ... and nearly 20 more videos about LimitLIS
- "RURO, Inc.’s FreezerPro Software Acquired by Brooks Automation, Inc.". PRWeb. Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. 24 August 2017. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/08/prweb14630079.htm. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "FreezerPro". RURO Inc. Archived from the original on 30 August 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170830200155/https://ruro.com/products/freezerpro. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Sciency ELN". Ruro Inc. Archived from the original on 09 March 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180309060258/https://sciency-eln.com/. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "BiobankPro". RURO, Inc. https://www.ruro.com/products/biobankpro. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "ezColony" (PDF). RURO, Inc. Archived from the original on 05 January 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190105204402/https://www.ruro.com/resources/ezColony.pdf. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "LIMS 24/7". RURO Inc. https://ruro.com/products/lims-247. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Sciency Electronic Laboratory Notebook" (PDF). Ruro Inc. Archived from the original on 05 January 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190105204831/https://www.ruro.com/resources/SciencyELN.pdf. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "LimitLIS". RURO Inc. https://www.ruro.com/limitlis/overview. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "RURO Releases LimitLIS, A Contemporary Laboratory Information System". RURO Inc. 28 June 2016. https://www.ruro.com/news/6392. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "Limfinity". RURO Inc. https://www.ruro.com/limfinity/overview. Retrieved 06 May 2019.
- "LimitLIS" (PDF). RURO Inc. https://ruro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LimitLIS_Brochure.pdf. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "Features". Ruro, Inc. https://www.ruro.com/limitlis/features. Retrieved 05 January 2019.