|Successor||ELN Technologies, Inc. / irisnote, Inc.|
|Defunct||May 9, 2012|
4100 Regent St., Suite M|
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Rescentris, Inc. developed and distributed enterprise laboratory informatics software solutions.
On May 9, 2012, the company stated "that Rescentris, Inc. is now called ELN Technologies, Inc. effective immediately. The new name better reflects our ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality laboratory documentation and file management software." The name change seems to have taken place informally before, however, with "ELN Technologies" being referenced in press releases in April.
However, plans quickly changed, and CERF ELN and ELN Technologies began to be absorbed into a new venture. Development of a new SaaS-based ELN seems to have been in the works well before the name change, with the announcement of the end of a beta test of said software on April 3.. On July 9, an announcement was posted by new CTO Craig Harper that it had "been a 'whirlwind' ride the last couple of months" as ELN Technologies and the CERF software was being incorporated into a new entity irisnote, Inc. and its corresponding irisnote platform.
In October of 2013, Irisnote ceased operations following the unfortunate death of primary owner and advisory board member Leonard Herzenberg, an internationally renowned scientist at Stanford University.
In April 2014, support and development of CERF ELN passed back to its original home town of Columbus, Ohio under the auspices of a new informatics company called Lab-Ally LLC. Lab-Ally has since continued to develop and distribute the CERF ELN.
- Eaton, D. (15 May 2006). "With Silicon Valley cash, Rescentris hopes to organize science lab notes". Columbus Business First. American City Business Journals. Archived from the original on 23 December 2016. https://archive.is/ejaml. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "CERF Lab Notebook - News and Press Releases". ELN Technologies, Inc. 9 May 2012. Archived from the original on 26 June 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120626105524/http://elntech.com/category/newspr/. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "CERF ELN". Google. 9 May 2012. https://plus.google.com/104294743851662551059/posts. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "CERF ELN for iPad Wins Best in Show at 2012 Bio-IT World Expo". BioPortfolio; PRWeb. 26 April 2012. http://www.bioportfolio.com/news/article/1025302/CERF-ELN-for-iPad-Wins-Best-in-Show-at-2012-Bio-IT.html. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "ELN Technologies Leads iPad Electronic Lab Notebook Apps With CERF Platform". Digital Journal; PRWeb. 17 April 2012. http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/668795. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Press Release: irisnote Announces Successful Conclusion of Beta Test Phase". irisnote, Inc.. 03 April 2012. http://irisnote.com/press/press-release-irisnote-announces-successful-conclusion-of-beta-test-phase/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Harper, Craig (9 July 2012). "irisnote - From the CTO". irisnote, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120722020031/http://irisnote.com/blog/from-the-cto/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "irisnote - Electronic Lab Notebook". irisnote, Inc; ELN Technologies, Inc. Archived from the original on 06 August 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120806162435/http://elntech.com/. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Business Search". California Secretary of State. https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/. Retrieved 23 December 2016. "Search for entity number C3430174"
- "Irisnote". LinkSV. Link Silicon Valley, LLC. July 2013. Archived from the original on 23 December 2016. https://archive.is/2luYo. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- Conger, K. (31 October 2013). "Leonard Herzenberg, geneticist who developed key cell-sorting technology, dies". Stanford Medicine News Center. http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2013/10/leonard-herzenberg-geneticist-who-developed-key-cell-sorting-technology-dies.html. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "CERF - Electronic Lab Notebook". Lab-Ally LLC. Archived from the original on 02 December 2014. https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20141202053746/http://lab-ally.com/products/cerf-eln. Retrieved 23 December 2016.