Research Innovations Limited
24 Fountainhall Road|
Research Innovations Limited (operating as "ResearchSpace") develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
Sometime in 2012 Research Innovations Limited acquired Axiope Limited and its electronic laboratory notebook offering eCAT, with the same Axiope team now affiliated with Research Innovations. Axiope was a venture spun out of Edinburgh University to "let scientists grow 'semantic webs' in labs."
Sometime in the spring or summer of 2019, Research Innovations took down its eCat-related pages, presumably signalling its end-of-life in favor of RSpace, its successor.
eCAT was a web-based electronic laboratory notebook (ELN), "a tool that lets you manage experimental data and samples in an integrated online environment." The software was able to be installed locally or hosted remotely by ResearchSpace as software as a service (SaaS).
Technology and products
RSpace is a version of its former eCAT ELN designed for the North American and other markets. RSpace is an ELN "that catalyzes research and allows organizations to enjoy the benefits, efficiencies and long-term cost savings of centralized, paperless data storage."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Pricing is available for the RSpace Enterprise product:
Academic: $100 per user per year, plus a one-time $1,500 charge for installation and training.
Commercial: $200 per user per year, plus a one-time $1,500 charge for installation and training.
In both cases, the company indicated volume pricing for more than 100 users is available.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demonstration videos are available for RSpace:
- RSpace - Creating a structured document in RSpace
- RSpace - Creating a notebook entry in RSpace
- RSpace - Using forms and creating a reusable record
- RSpace - Signing and witnessing documents in RSpace
- RSpace - RSpace on the iPad!
- RSpace - RSpace on the iPad: Using dictation
- RSpace - Inserting a photograph into a RSpace entry on a mobile device
- "Research Space". Lab-Ally, LLC. http://lab-ally.com/partners/researchspace/. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "Acquisition of Axiope". Research Innovations Limited. http://www.researchspace.com/electronic-lab-notebook/axiope_acquisition.html. Retrieved 03 February 2013.
- "Research Innovations Limited". Company Data Rex. http://www.cdrex.com/research-innovations-limited-8531948.html. Retrieved 03 February 2013.
- "Business Diary; a Few Morsels From the Great and Not so Good". The Sunday Herald. 15 June 2003. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-9996402.html.
- "How does the eCAT electronic lab notebook help your lab become more productive?". Research Innovations Limited. Archived from the original on 27 March 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190327052810/http://www.researchspace.com/electronic-lab-notebook/what_create_share.html. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "eCAT - About Us". Research Innovations Limited. Archived from the original on 11 March 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190311113751/http://www.researchspace.com/electronic-lab-notebook/about_us.html. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "What is RSpace?". Lab-Ally, LLC. http://lab-ally.com/products/rspace-eln/. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "RSpace 0.18 Guidance Notes" (PDF). Lab-Ally, LLC. January 2014. http://lab-ally.com/files/documentation/RSpace0.18GuidanceNotes.pdf. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Pricing". Research Innovations Limited. https://www.researchspace.com/enterprise/pricing/. Retrieved 10 October 2019.