Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions GmbH
|Former type||Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung|
|Defunct||November 30, 2018|
|Parent||Roche Deutschland Holding GmbH|
Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions GmbH developed and distributed the laboratory information system software solution SWISSLAB.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. confirmed in November 2008 that it had bought Swisslab GmbH, which would be allowed to continue development of the SWISSLAB product. The purchase was completed in early 2009, with the company declaring "[t]he name 'Swisslab' and the brands will continue to exist, as will the management, all employees and the Berlin location."
In June 2017, requests to the Swisslab.de domain began to be forwarded to Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions GmbH, who controls the development of Swisslab now.
In October 2018, parent company Roche Deutschland Holding GmbH agreed to sell Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions GmbH and its two software solutions SWISSLAB and LAURIS to health informatics developer NEXUS AG. The apparent intention of NEXUS is to integrate the software into its hospital information system, quality management, pathology, and cytology software offerings. The transaction was scheduled to close on November 30, 2018. As of January 2019[update], the NEXUS website does not list SWISSLAB and LAURIS, and it remains to be seen what the resulting integration of those solutions with NEXUS products will look like.
Technology and products
- "Roche expands its portfolio of laboratory information systems and laboratory automation solutions for large laboratories". F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. 19 November 2008. Archived from the original on 24 January 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150124133719/http://www.roche.com/media/store/releases/med_dia_2008-11-19a.htm. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Grüße, H. (July 2009). "Editorial" (PDF). Diagnostik im Dialog. Roche Diagnostics GmbH. https://www.roche.de/res/literatur/177/Diagnostik-im-Dialog-Ausgabe-25-72009-original-bc93d0c069c2de56a69558b6f43fb4ef.pdf. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Swisslab". Roche Deutschland Holding GmbH. Archived from the original on 13 June 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170613180712/http://www.swisslab.de/. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- Stahl, A. (17 October 2018). "Leiss Lutz Advises Roche on the Sale of Roche Diagnostics It Solutions GmbH to Nexus AG". Gleiss Lutz. https://www.gleisslutz.com/en/GL_Roche_Ver%C3%A4usserung_Roche_Diagnostics_IT_Solutions_eng.html. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "NEXUS AG signs contract to take over the laboratory information system SWISSLAB". NEXUS AG. 12 October 2018. http://en.nexus-ag.de/web/0/inter/?act=art&act2=show&art_id=dc_2018_10_12_253a7858af7425de84. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions Berlin". Roche Diagnostics IT Solutions GmbH. Archived from the original on 06 September 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180906064732/https://www.roche.de/about/standorte/berlin/index.html. Retrieved 17 January 2019.