|Type||Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||3000 Parmeter St., Middleton, Wisconsin, U.S.|
sciNote began as a side-project of BioSistemika sometime in 2014, with the aim of creating a free open-source ELN. The company acquired additional funding through Kickstarter and ultimately released the source code to GitHub on February 12, 2016. BioSistemika also began to offer hosting and installation/service plans for the free software.
A new entity sciNote, LLC was created in Wisconsin in May 2016 to be the sole entity responsible for the continued development and support of the software.
sciNote is free open-source ELN "that helps you manage your laboratory work and stores all your experimental data in one place." It can be downloaded and installed on your own or be hosted as a SaaS offering by sciNote, LLC.
For more information on sciNote, please see the sciNote LIMSwiki page.
Services and pricing
sciNote, LLC offers a range of professional services, including cloud hosting and support. The software can be hosted for free for one team with unlimited users and automated backup, with up to one gigabyte of storage space. For $9 per month, the storage can be expanded to 100 gigabytes, a second team can be added, and e-mail and phone support are included. The company also offers a professional support plan at $490 per month, which includes:
- quick installation and training
- troubleshooting over e-mail and the phone
- assistance connecting lab equipment
- custom module development
- updates and maintenance
- "sciNote Cloud". sciNote, LLC. http://scinote.net/plans/. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Zupancic, K.. "sciNote - Open Source Scientific Notebook". Kickstarter. Kickstarter PBC. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039813795/scinote-open-source-scientific-notebook/description. Retrieved 01 April 2016.
- "Initial commit". GitHub. GitHub, Inc. 12 February 2016. https://github.com/biosistemika/scinote-web/commit/055298fee87cc260de4f3c5b1761aa5fac56ffc6. Retrieved 01 April 2016.
- sciNote Team (11 February 2016). "sciNote is launched!". Kickstarter. Kickstarter PBC. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039813795/scinote-open-source-scientific-notebook/posts/1489098. Retrieved 01 April 2016.
- "sciNote, LLC". Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions. https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearch/Details.aspx?entityID=S109830&hash=1542989105&searchFunctionID=09533f41-f1d6-4fe0-99c8-21cee7de4bbd&type=Simple&q=scinote. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "biosistemika/scinote-web". GitHub. GitHub, Inc. https://github.com/biosistemika/scinote-web. Retrieved 01 April 2016.