Semaphore Solutions, Inc.
|Headquarters||200-844 Courtney St., Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
|Number of locations||1|
|Key people||Peter Smith, Mark Swinkels|
Semaphore Solutions, Inc. develops custom laboratory informatics software solutions (with a specialization in NGS), provides consulting support for laboratories, and provides support for Illumina's BaseSpace Clarity laboratory information management system (LIMS). The company also develops and distributes its Labbit software solution for molecular diagnostics labs.
The company was formally founded in British Columbia, Canada in December 2009.
In the spring of 2022, hinted at the release of a new LIMS, Labbit, to be demoed at Bio-IT World 2022. The software became publicly available later in the fall.
Technology and products
Custom development and support
Semaphore Solutions, Inc. operates as a blend of custom software developer, software support group, and consultancy. The business is able to augment a client's existing software development team, build a laboratory software development team for a client, or provide their own software development expertise to clients. Semaphore also provides post-implementation technical support for Illumina's BaseSpace Clarity LIMS, as well as development of Clarity custom protocols, instrument integrations, system integrations, and integrated add-ons.
Labbit is a molecular diagnostics laboratory information management system (LIMS) built on a non-relational graph database as they "are less likely to need major database restructuring due to the inherent flexibility of their structures and the software applications that use them." The company adds that "when you use Labbit, your data is stored FAIRly and with full provenance, resulting in richer data sets and more reliable, more accurate insights over time." However, details about features are limited.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Public pricing information isn't available.
Demonstration videos and other media
- ↑ "Canada's Business Registries - Semaphore". Canadian Association of Corporate Law Administrators. https://beta.canadasbusinessregistries.ca/search/results?search=%7BSemaphore%7D&status=Active. Retrieved 16 March 2021.
- ↑ "Labbit". Semaphore Solutions, Inc. Archived from the original on 15 April 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20220415150539/https://labbit.com/bioit/. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- ↑ "Laboratory Software Services". Semaphore Solutions, Inc. https://semaphoresolutions.com/laboratory-software-services/. Retrieved 16 March 2021.
- ↑ "Clarity LIMS Support". Semaphore Solutions, Inc. https://semaphoresolutions.com/clarity-lims-support/. Retrieved 16 March 2021.
- ↑ "Why a Graph Database is a Better Choice for Clinical Lab Software". Semaphore Solutions, Inc. https://labbit.com/blog/why-a-graph-database-is-a-better-choice-for-clinical-lab-software/. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- ↑ "About Labbit". Semaphore Solutions, Inc. https://labbit.com/about/. Retrieved 26 October 2022.