|Type||Société par actions simplifiée|
|Headquarters||11 Avenue Albert Einstein, Villeurbanne, France|
shazino SAS develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
shazino was founded in 2012 "by biology and computer science researchers dedicated to improving workflows in research labs." Their first major product, the electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) hivebench, was released on March 7, 2013. shazino updated the application in January 2014 with an improved interface, improved electronic signatures, and a new calendar page.
On June 1, 2016, scientific publisher Elsevier formally acquired the hivebench product from shazino for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition included the transition of CEO Julien Thérier and Hivebench developer Vincent Tourraine to Elsevier's Mendeley Data team in London. As of October 2016[update], both the shazino and hivebench web pages showed no indications of this change, and the future of both is not particularly clear, though hivebench will apparently be "linked to the Mendeley Data repository, which will be linked to Pure."
Sometime in the summer or fall of 2021, Elsevier updated the hivebench website to indicate "on January 31, 2022, we will be ceasing to host data and experiments on the Hivebench platform." It appears that hivebench (referenced as "Data Notebook" on the Elsevier site) was officially integrated into Elsevier's Data Monitor solution. Curiously, Shazino still lists the hivebench product on its website as of October 2022.
Technology and products
The company provides various productivity apps for scientists. See the company website for more details.
- Thérier, Julien (7 March 2013). "Introducing Hivebench". shazino SAS. http://blog.shazino.com/articles/hivebench/shazino-press-release/. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Mathieu, Damien (30 January 2014). "Meet the new Hivebench". shazino SAS. http://blog.shazino.com/articles/hivebench/meet-the-new-hivebench/. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Elsevier Acquires Laboratory Data Management Tool Hivebench". Elsevier. 7 June 2016. https://www.elsevier.com/about/press-releases/corporate/elsevier-acquires-laboratory-data-management-tool-hivebench. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Avner, P.T. (7 June 2016). "Putting data in the hands of researchers with Hivebench". Mendeley Blog. https://blog.mendeley.com/2016/06/07/putting-data-in-the-hands-of-researchers-with-hivebench/. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "hivebench". Elsevier Limited. Archived from the original on 15 October 2021. https://web.archive.org/web/20211015211616/https://www.hivebench.com/. Retrieved 15 October 2021.
- "Data Monitor - Releases & Roadmap". Elsevier Limited. Archived from the original on 14 August 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20220814105618/https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/data-monitor/releases. Retrieved 18 October 2022. "Click "Show past releases""
- "hivebench". shazino SAS. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141019201621/http://www.hivebench.com/. Retrieved 18 October 2022.