Siemens AG is a German engineering conglomerate that focuses on the energy, health care, and industry sectors.
Cerner acquisition of Health Services
On August 5, 2014, Cerner Corporation announced it had acquired Siemens' Health Services division for $1.3 billion U.S. The company stated "[f]ollowing the acquisition, support for Siemens Health Services core platforms will remain in place" and that "[c]urrent implementations will continue." The acquisition was finalized in February 2015. Affected products may include Siemens' Servolab and TD-Synergy LISs, though they're fate is still not clear. The acquisition notice indicated "[a] unique feature of this acquisition is we’ll continue working with Siemens AG in a R&D capacity, in order to advance the interoperability of electronic health records with medical devices." The transition period was expected to last three years.
Acquisition of IBS AG
In February 2012, Siemens AG made a second attempt at taking over IBS AG, the first attempt five years before. Siemens announced in April that it had acquired 80.69 percent of IBS shares and therefore reached the 75 percent threshold for the takeover, including IBS subsidiary IBS America. Siemens finalized the acquisition sometime in 2014.
Sometime after late May, Siemens transferred the IBS AG web content to the Siemens website. The former LIMS product CAQ=QSYS LIMS QPM doesn't appear to have been part of the transition to Siemens and is presumed to no longer be offered.
Technology and products
Servolab, SIMATIC IT R&D, SIMATIC IT Unilab, and TD-Synergy
"SIMATIC IT R&D Suite is a modular, scalable software platform covering all R&D activities." This suite includes the SIMATIC IT Unilab laboratory information management system (LIMS) and electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) functionality. The SIMATIC IT Unilab LIMS can act as "a stand-alone system or as an integrated part of Siemens MES SIMATIC IT."
TD-Synergy is a LIS that "centralizes control of lab processes ... helping labs reduce costs, optimize workflow, and deliver better physician support." The company states the product is not available in the United States. Siemens is the distributor for the product, which is developed by Technidata SAS.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following public demonstration videos are available for Unilab:
- "Cerner to Acquire Siemens Health Services for $1.3 Billion" (PDF). Cerner Corporation. 05 August 2014. http://acquisitions.cernernews.com/pdfs/Press%20Release%20080514%20CERNER%20TO%20ACQUIRE%20SIEMENS%20HS.pdf. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Cerner Completes Acquisition of Siemens Health Services". Cerner Corporation. 02 February 2015. http://www.cerner.com/Cerner_Completes_Acquisition_of_Siemens_Health_Services/. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Kammel, B. (07 February 2012). "Siemens Makes Second Run for Control of IBS in $59 Million Bid". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-07/siemens-makes-second-run-for-control-of-ibs-in-59-million-bid. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "Siemens has access to 80.69 percent of IBS AG shares". Siemens AG. 03 April 2012. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120413172034/http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/2012/corporate/axx20120421.htm. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Philip, J. (10 December 2013). "IBS America: Solutions for Quality Control and Compliance Management Challenges". CIO Review. Archived from the original on 03 November 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151103163147/http://www.cioreview.com/magazine/IBS-America-Solutions-For-Quality-Control-And-Compliance-Management-Challenges-BEPC146406141.html. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Webb, A. (07 October 2014). "Cambridge Startup Success Shows Challenge for Siemens CEO". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-10-07/cambridge-startup-success-shows-challenge-for-siemens-ceo. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "IBS, A Siemens Business". IBS AG. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160527060332/http://www.ibs-ag.de/start/. Retrieved 05 October 2016.
- "Servolab Laboratory Information System". Siemens AG. https://www.healthcare.siemens.com.au/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/servolab-lab-info-sys. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "SIMATIC IT R&D Suite". Siemens AG. http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mes/en/mes_suites/rdsuite/Pages/SIMATIC-IT-RD-Suite.aspx. Retrieved 04 January 2018.
- "SIMATIC IT Unilab". Siemens AG. http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mes/en/mescomponents/simaticitlims/Pages/Unilab_next_generation_LIMS.aspx. Retrieved 04 January 2018.
- "TD-Synergy Laboratory Information System". Siemens AG. https://www.healthcare.siemens.com.au/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/td-synergy-lab-info-sys. Retrieved 05 January 2019.
- "SIMATIC IT Unilab - Your Next Generation LIMS" (PDF). Siemens AG. 2017. http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mes/en/mescomponents/simaticitlims/Documents/17445_Siemens-PLM-SIMATIC-IT-Unilab-br-61805-A5.pdf. Retrieved 04 January 2018.
- "TD-Synergy Laboratory Information System - Features and Benefits". Siemens AG. https://www.healthcare.siemens.com.au/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/td-synergy-lab-info-sys/features-benefits. Retrieved 05 January 2019.