|Divisions||Siemens Healthcare GmbH|
Siemens AG is a German engineering conglomerate that focuses on the energy, health care (as Siemens Healthcare), and industrial manufacturing sectors.
Cerner acquisition of Health Services
On August 5, 2014, Cerner Corporation announced it had acquired Siemens' Health Services division for $1.3 billion U.S. The company stated "[f]ollowing the acquisition, support for Siemens Health Services core platforms will remain in place" and that "[c]urrent implementations will continue." The acquisition was finalized in February 2015. Affected products may include Siemens' Servolab and TD-Synergy LISs, though they're fate is still not clear. The acquisition notice indicated "[a] unique feature of this acquisition is we’ll continue working with Siemens AG in a R&D capacity, in order to advance the interoperability of electronic health records with medical devices." The transition period was expected to last three years.
Acquisition of IBS AG
In February 2012, Siemens AG made a second attempt at taking over IBS AG, the first attempt five years before. Siemens announced in April that it had acquired 80.69 percent of IBS shares and therefore reached the 75 percent threshold for the takeover, including IBS subsidiary IBS America. Siemens finalized the acquisition sometime in 2014.
Sometime after late May, Siemens transferred the IBS AG web content to the Siemens website. The former LIMS product CAQ=QSYS LIMS QPM doesn't appear to have been part of the transition to Siemens and is presumed to no longer be offered.
Technology and products
Atellica, Formulated Product Design, Opcenter RD&L, Servolab, and TD-Synergy
The Atellica software suite is a collection of middleware-like applications for healthcare diagnostics. The suite includes Data Manager for standardizing testing and results, Process Manager for optimizing process control, Inventory Manager for automated control of reagents and consumables, and Connectivity Manager for integrating data and systems.
Formulated Product Design is "a scalable and flexible product data management platform to optimize and streamline all R&D-related processes and align them with manufacturing." The platform includes a laboratory information management system (LIMS) component designed to help "manufacturers do whatever it takes to avoid delivery of unsafe, low-quality products into the market," though little feature information is provided concerning the LIMS. The platform also includes formula design and specification management tools.
Opcenter RD&L (Research, Development & Laboratory; formerly known as SIMATIC IT R&D Suite) is a "flexible platform to streamline, optimize, and align all formulated product data management." The platform includes multiple components, including a laboratory management component (presumably the former SIMATIC IT Unilab LIMS).
Servolab is a laboratory information system (LIS) "that adapts to any lab workflow model as well as each lab's unique needs." The company states the product is not available in the United States. It appears to be marketed for the European market, and it may be distributed and supported by Servolab Medizin Software GmbH.
TD-Synergy is a LIS that "centralizes control of lab processes ... helping labs reduce costs, optimize workflow, and deliver better physician support." The company states the product is not available in the United States. Siemens is the distributor for the product, which is developed by Technidata SAS.
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
The following public demonstration videos are available for Unilab:
- "Cerner to Acquire Siemens Health Services for $1.3 Billion" (PDF). Cerner Corporation. 5 August 2014. http://acquisitions.cernernews.com/pdfs/Press%20Release%20080514%20CERNER%20TO%20ACQUIRE%20SIEMENS%20HS.pdf. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Cerner Completes Acquisition of Siemens Health Services". Cerner Corporation. 2 February 2015. http://www.cerner.com/Cerner_Completes_Acquisition_of_Siemens_Health_Services/. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Kammel, B. (7 February 2012). "Siemens Makes Second Run for Control of IBS in $59 Million Bid". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-07/siemens-makes-second-run-for-control-of-ibs-in-59-million-bid. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "Siemens has access to 80.69 percent of IBS AG shares". Siemens AG. 3 April 2012. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120413172034/http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/2012/corporate/axx20120421.htm. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Philip, J. (10 December 2013). "IBS America: Solutions for Quality Control and Compliance Management Challenges". CIO Review. Archived from the original on 03 November 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151103163147/http://www.cioreview.com/magazine/IBS-America-Solutions-For-Quality-Control-And-Compliance-Management-Challenges-BEPC146406141.html. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- Webb, A. (7 October 2014). "Cambridge Startup Success Shows Challenge for Siemens CEO". Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-10-07/cambridge-startup-success-shows-challenge-for-siemens-ceo. Retrieved 04 October 2016.
- "IBS, A Siemens Business". IBS AG. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160527060332/http://www.ibs-ag.de/start/. Retrieved 05 October 2016.
- "Diagnostics IT". Siemens Healthineers. Siemens Healthcare GmbH. https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Formulated Product Design". Siemens AG. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/collaboration/formula-design-management.html. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "Laboratory Information & Quality Management". Siemens AG. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/collaboration/laboratory-information-management.html. Retrieved 25 March 2022.
- "SIMATIC IT R&D Suite". Siemens AG. Archived from the original on 04 March 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180304060146/http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mes/en/mes_suites/rdsuite/Pages/SIMATIC-IT-RD-Suite.aspx. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "Driving Innovation Efficiency in Formulated Product Development - Opcenter Research, Development & Laboratory (RD&L)". Siemens AG. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/opcenter/research-development.html. Retrieved 07 October 2022.
- "Servolab Laboratory Information System". Siemens AG. https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/it/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/servolab-lab-info-sys. Retrieved 07 October 2021.
- "Servolab". Servolab Medizin Software GmbH. https://servolab.de/en/. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- "TD-Synergy Laboratory Information System". Siemens AG. https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-au/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/td-synergy-lab-info-sys. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "Opcenter RD&L" (PDF). Siemens AG. 2020. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/media/global/en/Siemens%20SW%20Opcenter%20RD%20and%20L%20Brochure_tcm27-83028.pdf. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "TD-Synergy Laboratory Information System". Siemens AG. https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-au/diagnostics-it/laboratory-information/td-synergy-lab-info-sys/features-benefits. Retrieved 29 October 2020.