Software Point Oy
|Area served||Northern Europe|
Software Point develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
Software Point was founded in 1992 in Finland. In 2000, Software Point became a partner and distributor to LabVantage Solutions, Inc., eventually resulting in a full merger of the two companies on April 5, 2011. The merger eventually meant greater support and interfacing between the two companies' products.
At some point in 2012 or 2013, Software Point's C⁵ LIMS changed names to LABVANTAGE Medical Suite. In 2015, Software Point began slowly phasing out its WilabLIMS/LabMaster LIMS, stating that "additions of completely new functions get harder to achieve." They added they would continue to support and develop the software for existing customers, but they also began recommending a transfer path to web-based LabVantage Express. As of June 2016, the company still supports the WilabLIMS/LabMaster LIMS for existing customers.
Technology and products
LabVantage Medical Suite, Enterprise, and Express
LabVantage Medical Suite is a browser-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) designed for healthcare laboratories that "integrates all medical laboratory disciplines ... in a single platform with a common architecture and user interface." It's further divided into offerings for different industries: pathology, blood banking, clinical chemistry, and microbiology.
LabVantage Enterprise is a LIMS "that takes you beyond the world of traditional LIMS by consolidating functionality found in multiple laboratory systems into one product platform." The software can also be cloud hosted using the software as a service model.
LabVantage Express is a scaled-down version of LabVantage Enterprise LIMS "with predetermined standard working processes, and is an ideal LIMS solution for smaller and medium sized manufacturing QC and analytical testing laboratories with high quality and accreditation requirements."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
- "LABVANTAGE Acquires Long-Time Partner Software Point". 5 April 2011. http://www.labvantage.com/newsroom/index.php/2011/04/labvantage-acquires-long-time-partner-software-point/. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Software Point and LABVANTAGE: Reflections on a Merger". 1 November 2011. http://www.labvantage.com/blog/index.php/2011/11/software-point-and-labvantage-reflections-on-a-merger/. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "LABVANTAGE Medical Suite (former C5 LIMS)". Software Point Oy. Archived from the original on 31 October 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131031091139/http://www.softwarepoint.com/products_Medical_Suite.html. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "WilabLIMS, LabMaster". Software Point Oy. Archived from the original on 02 February 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150202052335/http://www.softwarepoint.com/solutions/product/wilablims-labmaster. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "LabVantage Medical Suite". Software Point Oy. https://softwarepoint.com/labvantage-medical-suite-lis. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- "LabVantage Enterprise". Software Point Oy. https://softwarepoint.com/solutions/product/labvantage-enterprise. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "LabVantage Express". Software Point Oy. https://softwarepoint.com/solutions/product/labvantage-express. Retrieved 29 October 2020.