|Headquarters||3300 E Sunrise Dr., Tucson, Arizona, U.S.|
|Parent||Roper Technologies, Inc.|
CliniSys, Inc.—doing business as Clinisys—is a U.S.-based subsidiary of parent company Roper Technologies, Inc. and was previously known as Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. The company develops and clinical laboratory information technology and outreach solutions.
On October 26, 2015, Sunquest announced that its parent company Roper Technologies had acquired both CliniSys Group Limited and Atlas Medical. The press release noted, however, that "[c]ompletion of the CliniSys acquisition is dependent upon receiving approval from the competition authorities in Germany and the United Kingdom," and that "[c]ollaboration between Sunquest and CliniSys will not begin until formal approval is received." The Competition & Markets Authority ruled in favor of the acquisition on December 11, 2015, and CliniSys announced the acquisition was complete on January 26, 2016.
On November 10, 2016, Sunquest revealed that it had acquired UNIConnect LC for an undisclosed sum. Sunquest said that, in conjunction with its April 2016 acquisition of GeneInsight, the integration of UNIConnect and GeneInsight would allow them to create "an end-to-end solution for molecular and genetic testing." Sunquest stated that integration of UNIConnect with GeneInsight was underway in March 2017, expected to be completed in May. By the summer of 2017, the UNIConnect website showed an image indicating the integration was complete, revealing the new name as Sunquest Mitogen.
On January 5, 2022, CliniSys Group Limited announced that it was acquiring HORIZON Lab Systems, LLC and its laboratory information management system (LIMS), adding that "[t]he acquisition extends CliniSys’ laboratory testing, diagnostics, and management capabilities further into the public health sector and related markets, such as environmental, water quality testing, public health, toxicology, and agricultural testing." Nearly two weeks later, CliniSys announced it and HORIZON would combine with Sunquest Information Systems, Inc., which CliniSys parent Roper Technologies acquired in 2016. It was further reported that HORIZON LIMS may combine with Sunquest's LIS, Sunquest Laboratory. The same report suggested that "[t]he expanded firm will be known by the CliniSys name, although it’s possible that Sunquest will keep its branded product line."
On May 31, 2022, the company legally changed its name to CliniSys, Inc., as part of a universal rebranding associated with various other prior acquisitions by CliniSys.
On October 3, 2022, HORIZON Lab Systems, LLC was officially merged into the new entity CliniSys, Inc., which was formerly known as Sunquest Information Systems, Inc.
On October 4, 2022, CliniSys Group Limited announced the completion of "the combination of Sunquest Information Systems, HORIZON Lab Systems, and Apollo LIMS under its singular brand." It appears, however, that as part of the combination process, the Sunquest Mitogen LIMS was abandoned, as it is no listed as a converted product on its information page.
HORIZON LIMS appears to have become the base software for the Clinisys Laboratory Platform as a result of the combinations and mergers. Common Cents Systems' ApolloLIMS also appears to have been transitioned to ClinSys, Inc. as Clinisys ApolloLIMS.
Sunquest Mitogen was a laboratory information management system (LIMS) to help you "[s]tart and scale molecular diagnostic and genetic testing processes in your laboratory."
Technology and products
Clinisys ApolloLIMS, Clinisys SQ Lab, and other solutions
Clinisys ApolloLIMS is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) that "helps organizations optimize workflow, ensure compliance, and accelerate growth."
Clinisys SQ Lab is a laboratory information system (LIS) "built to configure and integrate with every kind of lab." A blood banking version of the software is also available, as Clinisys SQ Blood Bank.
A wide variety of other solutions for pathology and other types of labs is also available, including Clinisys Atlas, CoPathPlus, and PowerPath.
Note: All solutions are described as being part of the Clinisys Laboratory Platform (CLP). The company states that the CLP is the former HORIZON LIMS. CliniSys adds that all these integrated solutions "provide the sector and domain specific features needed to support essential laboratory processes within nine major industries, ranging in scale from national networks to small labs and fast growing startups."
| The following feature list(s) is/are derived solely from public, freely-available online information the vendor provides. A lack of a "Y" does not necessarily mean that the product doesn't have that feature. The lack of a "Y" could mean:
Demonstration videos and other media
- ↑ "Credit Agreement among Roper Technologies, Inc.". Securities Exchange Commission. 21 July 2022. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/882835/000119312522199694/d291205dex101.htm. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Sunquest Announces Roper Technologies' Acquisition of CliniSys and Atlas Medical". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 26 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunquest-announces-roper-technologies-acquisition-of-clinisys-and-atlas-medical-300165958.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- ↑ Manning, Margie (26 October 2015). "The Sarasota tech powerhouse that just keeps growing". Tampa Bay Business Journal. American City Business Journals. http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/10/26/the-sarasota-tech-powerhouse-that-just-keeps.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- ↑ "Anticipated acquisition by Roper UK Limited of CliniSys Group Limited" (PDF). Competition & Markets Authority. 11 December 2015. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/569e34bee5274a112c000030/Full_text_decision_Roper-CliniSys.pdf. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- ↑ "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". ClinSys Group. 26 January 2016. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/international/news-and-events/news/2016/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- ↑ "Sunquest Information Systems Acquires UniConnect". 360 Dx. GenomeWeb LLC. 10 November 2016. https://www.360dx.com/informatics/sunquest-information-systems-acquires-uniconnect. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- ↑ Proffitt, A. (6 March 2017). "Integrated Future: GeneInsight’s New Home At Sunquest". BioIT World. Cambridge Innovation Institute. http://www.bio-itworld.com/2017/3/6/integrated-future-geneinsights-new-home-at-sunquest.aspx. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- ↑ "UNIConnect". Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 01 September 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170901175531/http://www.uniconnect.com/. Retrieved 07 September 2017.
- ↑ "CliniSys acquires HORIZON Lab Systems, LLC a leading laboratory information management system (LIMS) provider". CliniSys Group Limited. 5 January 2022. https://www.clinisysgroup.com/uk/en/news/clinisys-acquires-horizon-lab-systems/.
- ↑ "News & PressCliniSys Acquires HORIZON Lab Systems And Combines With Sunquest Information Systems CliniSys acquires HORIZON Lab Systems and combines with Sunquest Information Systems to create one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics". Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. 18 January 2022. https://www.sunquestinfo.com/news-and-press/clinisys-acquires-horizon-lab-systems-and-combines-with-sunquest-information-systems/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". CliniSys. 26 January 2016. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/international/news-and-events/news/2016/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ Michel, R. (31 January 2022). "LIS Market Will Change After Oracle, CliniSys Deals". Dark Report. https://www.darkintelligencegroup.com/the-dark-report/laboratory-information-systems/lis-market-will-change-after-oracle-clinisys-deals/. Retrieved 26 March 2022.
- ↑ "Articles of Amendment of Sunquest Information Systems, Inc" (PDF). Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. 31 May 2022. https://ecorp.azcc.gov/CommonHelper/GetFilingDocuments?barcode=22053110494530. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- ↑ "C202233400616 Statement of Merger - CliniSys, Inc" (PDF). Pennsylvania Department of State. 2 November 2022. https://www.sosnc.gov/online_services/imaging/download/1b_69576416_0374436a36bd4f6db61ec53740bfbe47. Retrieved 24 January 2023.
- ↑ "Clinisys completes combination of Sunquest, HORIZON and ApolloLIMS businesses". CliniSys Group Limited. 4 October 2022. https://www.clinisys.com/uk/en/news/clinisys-completes-combination-of-sunquest-horizon-and-apollolims-businesses/. Retrieved 04 October 2022.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 "Sunquest Information Systems - LIMS". Clinisys, Inc. https://www.clinisys.com/us/en/history/sunquest/. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 "HORIZON LIMS - Lab Management Software". CliniSys, Inc. https://www.clinisys.com/us/en/history/horizon-lims/. Retrieved 24 January 2023.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 "ApolloLIMS - Pathology Lab Software". CliniSys, Inc. https://www.clinisys.com/us/en/history/apollo-lims/. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- ↑ "Sunquest Mitogen LIMS". Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 24 May 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20220524001642/https://www.sunquestinfo.com/software-and-services/lims/. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- ↑ "Clinisys Laboratory Platform". CliniSys, Inc. https://www.clinisys.com/us/en/clinisys-laboratory-platform/. Retrieved 24 January 2023.
- Agriculture LIMS
- Cannabis LIMS
- Clinical LIS
- Clinical diagnostics LIMS
- Clinical research LIMS
- Cloud-based LIMS
- Environmental LIMS
- Food and beverage LIMS
- Genomics and molecular diagnostics LIS
- High-throughput sequencing LIMS
- LIMS vendor
- LIS vendor
- Microbiology LIS
- Molecular diagnostics LIMS
- Pathology LIS
- Pharmaceutical LIMS
- Power and utility LIMS
- Public health and service LIMS
- Toxicology LIMS
- Transfusion and blood banking LIS