|Headquarters||177 Huntington Avenue, Suite 1703, Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Number of locations||2|
TetraScience, Inc. develops and distributes cloud-based enterprise life science data management and laboratory informatics solutions.
TetraScience, Inc. was formally founded in Massachusetts in October 2014. The startup was co-founded by Spin Wang, Salvatore Savo, and Alok Tayi "over a shared dislike for data-collecting tools that have remained relatively unchanged in labs for a half-century." The trio sought to build an advanced "platform that connected equipment and pooled data into a single place in the cloud." The company claimed in 2018 to have its platform used by more than 60 percent of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies.
In April 2021, the company announced it had secured $80 million of Series B funding.
Technology and products
Tetra R&D Data Cloud
The Tetra R&D Data Cloud is a software as a service (SaaS) platform deployed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) that allows researchers and laboratories to collect and unify experimental data, and load it to the cloud for improved sharing, data analysis, and insight. The platform focuses on improving scientific data acquisition, harmonization, integration, and management in a cloud-based environment "to automate the full life cycle of R&D data." Features of the platform include:
- is cloud-native
- provides a library of templates, models, and pre-built pipelines
- supports more than 100 instruments, applications, and research organizations
- supports JSON-based or custom data schemas
- allows for the conversion to other vendor-agnostic file formats
- provides centralized metadata and tag management
- supports centralized user authentication
- supports role-based access
- provides tools for reporting and data analysis
Pricing is not made public.
Demonstration videos and other media
TetraScience has more than 20 demonstration videos related to its Tetra R&D Data Cloud solution at YouTube.
- ↑ "TetraScience, Inc.". Business Entity Search. Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. https://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?sysvalue=F6vhiKTPtcy8oyyM.L6WnIg7l0xHnDLaoOEEbyZQaE0-. Retrieved 02 May 2021.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Matheson, R. (25 January 2018). "Startup makes labs smarter". MIT News. https://news.mit.edu/2018/startup-tetrascience-makes-labs-smarter-0125. Retrieved 02 May 2021.
- ↑ "TetraScience Secures $80 Million Series B and Accelerates Roll Out of the World's Only Open R&D Data Cloud for Scientific Discovery". PR Newswire. 15 April 2021. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tetrascience-secures-80-million-series-b-and-accelerates-roll-out-of-the-worlds-only-open-rd-data-cloud-for-scientific-discovery-301269172.html. Retrieved 02 May 2021.
- ↑ "AWS Executive Conversations: Evolving R&D". TetraScience blog. TetraScience, Inc. 12 February 2021. https://www.tetrascience.com/blogs/aws-executive-conversations-evolving-r-d. Retrieved 02 May 2021.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Tetra Data Platform". TetraScience, Inc. https://www.tetrascience.com/platform/tetra-data-platform. Retrieved 18 October 2022.
- ↑ "Data Management and Collaboration". TetraScience, Inc. https://www.tetrascience.com/platform/data-management-collaboration. Retrieved 18 October 2022.
- ↑ "Accelerate Data Science in Biopharma, at Enterprise-Scale". TetraScience, Inc. https://www.tetrascience.com/platform/cloud-data-science. Retrieved 18 October 2022.